Topics

locked WSJT-X

Roy Davis

I am getting a message.......Trouble allocating memory?  What is that and how do I solve this?????

73

K5RMD

Roy Davis

This box has autolt in the upper left corner and comes from the newest version of JT Alert.  The box saying  trouble allocating memory.  JT Alert freezes and you have to close all programs connected with WSJT-X.  Then there is the command box to shut down JT Alert.

I hope this better explains the malady.

73,

K5RMD

Dave Garber

maybe let the list know software version #'s, OS version and type, all software running when the error comes up, and a small screen shot??   Laurie and his crew may be able to tell right away
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 5:16 PM Roy Davis <sivad1rm@...> wrote:
This box has autolt in the upper left corner and comes from the newest version of JT Alert.  The box saying  trouble allocating memory.  JT Alert freezes and you have to close all programs connected with WSJT-X.  Then there is the command box to shut down JT Alert.

I hope this better explains the malady.

73,

K5RMD

Roy Davis

This error happens in the newest download of JT Alert.  The version ending in .14

I do not have a screen shot available at this moment.  It probably will happen again tomorrow.

73

Roy K5RMD

neil_zampella

Again, what version of Windows are you running?   If Windows 10, is it updated to the latest updates?  Which version of WSJT-X?

Did you try using the Contact Support link under the HELP menu to send Laurie a message along with your support files which would give him a very good idea of what's happening?

Neil, KN3ILZ

Roy Davis

OBTW: I am running the latest windows 10.  We will see if the problem persists today and be able to give better reports.

73

K5RMD

Michael Black

#1 How much memory is in your computer?
#2 How much memory does task manager show free?
#3 Can you send a "Snip & Sketch" grab of task manager results?
Mike W9MDB

Inline image