locked WSJT talks to N3FJP directly

Dave NT9E

Laurie,
How do I set up JTAlert so I can receive audible alerts while contesting (VHF) even though JTAlert is not being used to Log the Q's?

g4wjs

On 13/06/2021 20:37, Dave NT9E wrote:
Laurie,
How do I set up JTAlert so I can receive audible alerts while contesting (VHF) even though JTAlert is not being used to Log the Q's?
Dave,

how can that work if JTAlert does not know which calls you have worked?

Bill
G4WJS.

Dave NT9E

The same way WSJT sends data to N3FJP for logging. JTAlert only has to listen to WSJT data while sending it to N3FJP. I'm sure it's possible but only a programmer would know how.

Dave Garber

i would try using multicast, and tell jtalert no log, but as stated, what is it going to alert you of, if you have no log

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE