Topics

WSJT JTAlert HRD Logbook

Brian Miller

Using Win 10, external sound card & Serial to USB adapter for TS2000.
My FT4/8 QSO's are being forwarded to HRD Logbook.  However at beginning of each new session the first three calls get duplicated in the logbook.  Then afterwards all entered singularly as normal.  Also get a box saying 'Unable to relay contact' etc in some of the single entries as in attached photo.  Which programme does that come from and how to stop it.  Sometimes the ALE of HRD Logbook gets filled in automatically, sometimes it doesn't?

Otherwise all the programmes run smoothly together.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 8/11/2019 12:15 am, Brian Miller wrote:
My FT4/8 QSO's are being forwarded to HRD Logbook.  However at beginning of each new session the first three calls get duplicated in the logbook.  Then afterwards all entered singularly as normal.  Also get a box saying 'Unable to relay contact' etc in some of the single entries as in attached photo.  Which programme does that come from and how to stop it.  Sometimes the ALE of HRD Logbook gets filled in automatically, sometimes it doesn't?

That "Warning" window, without mention of the program generating the warning, is NOT coming from JTAlert. Most likely it is from HRD, especially since your experiencing duplicate logged QSOs which is an indication that HRDLogbook is logging WSJT-X qso directly as well as accepting log qso instructions from JTAlert. If you want to use JTAlert and its alerting, it needs to know about QSOs being logged (that is it initiated the logging) and not have QSOs logged bypassing JTAlert which affect its B4 reporting and accurate reporting of needed entities. I suggest you turn off HRDLogbook direct logging of WSJT-X QSOs.

de Laurie VK3AMA