Topics

locked Would like to Add Propagation Mode and meteor shower to Logged QSO

KD7YZ Bob

I am running two rigs, usually.

At the moment I am on 6m Meteor Scatter. I am also running FT8 on 10m, or before daybreak, on 60m.

Thus there are two Propagation modes.
I'd like the settings 'retained' too.

Later on I like to see how I've been doping on MS so I sort DxKeeper for that mode.
For me, it's to fast between individual Band QSO's sometimes. So using DXKeeper 'Defaults' is a bit off base for my prestidigitation skills. Easier if the MS mode stays in the instance of JTAlert I am running while TR or some such stays in the HF FT8 instance of JTAlert running simultaneously.

thanks

Maybe it's too much trouble to add.
Just askin'

Jim - N4ST

Maybe, I don't understand, but if you are running FT8 HF on one rig and MSK144 6M on a second rig, doesn’t the logged mode already tell you which is which?
Although logging a MSK144 QSO does not guarantee that the propagation mode was meteor scatter, but JTAlert wouldn't be capable of that distinction either.

_________
73,
Jim - N4ST

--
____________________
73,

KD7YZ Bob

On 8/9/2020 15:26, Jim - N4ST wrote:
...doesn’t the logged mode already tell
you which is which? Although logging a MSK144 QSO does not guarantee
that the propagation mode was meteor scatter, but JTAlert wouldn't be
capable of that distinction either.
Well, I am not seeing a changed Propagation Mode ... just what's
"Default" propagation or, if left Blank, no Propagation Mode.

So, one rig may be FT8 on 10m, or JT9G on 10m, while the other is
pounding away on 6m in MSK144 mode. Also thus in M/S.

From time to time I like to see what I achieved on meteor scatter. But
if I forget to change the TR (Tropo) then a sort won't reveal much
that's correct.

I previously asked this on WSJT-x and it was politely suggested I ask here.

A POP-UP for logging comes up at the R
the appropriate time in the QSO. I could change the Prop-Mode there.
Others told me that was generated by JTAlert.

Whatever shows up at the logging-point, also has the Power output box
... I have to change that from rig to rig ... and I do.

thanks for replying.

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901