Topics

locked Worked before stations not appearing

bob.k6rwm

With the install of ver. 2.16.14, stations worked before are not color coded in the band activity box of WSJT-X. Also, in JTAlert, stations worked previously are not shown in the stations listing area but there is an orange box with no station information. I can right click on the orange box and it will display the station information. Additionally, the macros menu will not allow me to double click on a macro to transfer it to the free message box.
Reverting back to the previous version displays the same problem and reinstalling the current version does not fix the problem. I also went to the program file folder, deleted it and then reinstalled 2.6.14, but that did not correct the problem either. I did the registry clean, restart, another reinstall but to no avail. Is there a hidden file that needs to be deleted prior to a reinstall?
Thanks.
Bob -- K6RWM

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/10/2020 6:27 pm, bob.k6rwm wrote:
With the install of ver. 2.16.14, stations worked before are not color coded in the band activity box of WSJT-X. Also, in JTAlert, stations worked previously are not shown in the stations listing area but there is an orange box with no station information. I can right click on the orange box and it will display the station information. Additionally, the macros menu will not allow me to double click on a macro to transfer it to the free message box.
Reverting back to the previous version displays the same problem and reinstalling the current version does not fix the problem. I also went to the program file folder, deleted it and then reinstalled 2.6.14, but that did not correct the problem either. I did the registry clean, restart, another reinstall but to no avail. Is there a hidden file that needs to be deleted prior to a reinstall?
Thanks.
Bob -- K6RWM

At a guess, your using a new WSJTX config and haven't set the UDP Server settings correctly.

Check your WSJTX UDP Server settings. The "Accept UDP Requests" option needs to be enabled.

See the JTAlert help, "WSJT-X / JTDX UDP Setup" topic.

I have no idea what the "orange box" is. Post an image.

de Laurie VK3AMA

bob.k6rwm

Hi Laurie:
Indeed the UDP boxes were not checked. The UDP server was set at 127.0.0.1, with the port 2237. Checking the boxes did not resolve the problem. I am not sure why the problem cropped up as everything was fine during my last session. The problem also is in WSJT-X; an orange box with no callsign information. Here are the snips you requested.

Thanks.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 8/10/2020 9:49 am, bob.k6rwm wrote:
Hi Laurie:
Indeed the UDP boxes were not checked. The UDP server was set at 127.0.0.1, with the port 2237. Checking the boxes did not resolve the problem. I am not sure why the problem cropped up as everything was fine during my last session. The problem also is in WSJT-X; an orange box with no callsign information. Here are the snips you requested.

Thanks.
_._,_._,_

The Orange boxes is an easy fix.
They are due to an Alert being triggered and that Alert has both the Text color and the Background color set to the same color.
You will need to visit the Settings window and find which Alert has had that orange coloring applied. This coloring is not due to the 2.16.14 release but due to some change you have made previously.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Chuck Adams

TO: BOB -- k6rwm

Did you check to see if perchance you accidently have the shading and the text the same color for an alert you have already set?

Chuck Adams

KV4VT

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of bob.k6rwm
Sent: 7 October, 2020 6:50 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Worked before stations not appearing

Hi Laurie:

Thanks.

bob.k6rwm

Well, age got me, I did not notice the Worked B4 setting under Miscellaneous Alerts; sorry for the inconvenience.
It was not something I changed, and several other items got changed as well and I may lay blame to my recently installed Win10 update. The soundcard settings had changed in WSJT-X and JTAlert, HRD Logbook had a issue, etc.
Thanks for all you do in the development and tech support for your great app.

B0b -- K6RWM