Topics

locked Worked B4 issue

Joe

In the FT4 contest, ongoing, I have set my "Ignore Before " date and checked the box, but JTAlert is still marking calls worked before today as worked.  No dupe checking for the contest!

Is anyone else having this issue??

v. 2.16.17

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/02/2021 4:16 am, Joe wrote:
In the FT4 contest, ongoing, I have set my "Ignore Before " date and checked the box, but JTAlert is still marking calls worked before today as worked.  No dupe checking for the contest!

Is anyone else having this issue??

v. 2.16.17

What logger are you using with JTAlert?

Rather than manipulating the B4 date threshold, a better solution would be to use a new empty log file for the duration of the Contest.

I typically, switch over to using ADIF logging with a new empty file, then after the Contest I have a contest only record that I simply import into my primary logger and then switch JTAlert back to using that logger again.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe

I am using DXKeeper for logging.  There are several ways around this, but if the feature doesn't work, you should probably remove it.  Am I wrong to assume that JTALert uses the WSJTX log file for dupe checking, or does it query the DXKeeper database?

Joe Subich, W4TV

Am I wrong to assume that JTALert uses the WSJTX log file for dupe checking, or does it query the DXKeeper database?
If you have properly configured DXKeeper (DXLab Suite) logging, JTAlert
uses the DXKeeper log for B4 (dupe) checking.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-02-28 1:48 PM, Joe wrote:
I am using DXKeeper for logging.  There are several ways around this, but if the feature doesn't work, you should probably remove it.  Am I wrong to assume that JTALert uses the WSJTX log file for dupe checking, or does it query the DXKeeper database?

Joe

Edited

I think it is properly configured.  Works like a charm.  Love the whole DXLabs set of apps.  Same for JTAlert.  So, bottom line, this feature in JTAlert is broken??  Laurie, do you agree??

thanks,

Joe

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-02-28 6:00 PM, Joe wrote:

So, bottom line, this feature in JTAlert is broken?? Laurie, do you agree??
No. B4 works just fine for me with DXKeeper/DXLab.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-02-28 6:00 PM, Joe wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]
I think it is properly configured.  Works like a charm.  Love the whole DXLabs set of apps.  Same for JTAlert.  So, bottom line, this feature in JTAlert is broken??  Laurie, do you agree??
thanks,
Joe

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 1/03/2021 10:00 am, Joe wrote:

thanks,

Joe
No I don't agree. DXKeeper is my primary logger used with JTAlert. Of all the supported loggers, DXKeeper gets the most attention in terms of testing and features. B4 checking is not broken in my tests.

The B4 checks are done against DXKeeper. In another message you asked does JTAlert uses the WSJTX log file for dupe checking. The answer is NO. JTAlert never ever goes anywhere near the WSJT-X log.

What is not working exactly?

Use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis. I may have to follow up with a request to see your DXKeeper log file.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe

Edited

OK then.  I guess witt the vagaries of software, I accept that I have an installation that DOESNT WORK.  But like I said, there are workarounds.

Cheers,

Joe/WQ6Q

neil_zampella

Do you even want to fix the installation?   Have you used the 'CONTACT SUPPORT' link under the HELP menu so that Laurie can see exactly what is happening?

Why accept something that is easily fixed, as I have been using DXKeeper for years with JT-Alert and have always seen the correct B4 list, even when using 'ignore B4 status date'. in contests.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Joe

Will do!

Joe

Laurie:

I have sent the session files.  This issue is demonstrable at the moment in my station.  I check the ignore before box, set today's date, and even though I have made no QSOs since 2/28/21, I have stations marked in WSJTX as seen before.

I am sorry if I offended anyone by asking the question in the forum rather than immediately filing a support contact.  It has been my observation and experience that many issues get resolved by someone else in the group who has a quick answer.  What else is the forum for?  And to restate the obvious, of course I am interested in a solution.  Why else would I have posted?

As I have told you previously, I have relied on JTAlert since I set up my station a couple of years ago.  And I am pretty sure that I have used the Ignore B4 feature in past contests.  So something has changed here.

73s,

Joe/WQ6Q

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 2/03/2021 7:28 am, Joe wrote:
I have sent the session files
I responded to your support request asking for additional files. I am still waiting for those.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe

as noted, they were sent on the 1st.

Joe/WQ6Q

Joe

Another day, nothing heard.  Should I open a second support request?

Joe

Does anyone know if Laurie is okay?  I haven't heard a word in response since I sent the files he requested?

Joe/WQ6Q

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/03/2021 6:07 am, Joe wrote:
Another day, nothing heard.  Should I open a second support request?

NO.

I responded to your support request. Check your spam/junk email folder. I have also resent my original reply email with my test results (no fault found).

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe

As expected, no fault found with JTAlert!  I did not know that you had to restart JTAlert after changing the B4 date setting!  Mystery solved!!

Thank you, Laurie!