Topics

locked Worked B4 Highlighted in WSJT-X When Shouldn't

Patrick Hung

Edited

I just began collecting grids, and have noted the following:

At times, a station with a grid-needed highlight shows up in WSJT-X decodes panel (left-hand side), when it has in fact been worked before; however, the same station does not display in the JTALERT Decodes window, seemingly because I've ticked the box "Do Not Show WorkedB4".

Question: shouldn't this station NOT BE HIGHLIGHTED as a needed-grid in the WSJT-X decodes panel when it's been worked before? This is a problem, as when it does, I would "pounce" on it, thinking that it would be a new contact. I could naturally check it against the Decodes window, but there's rarely time for that before my transmission period kicks in.

Please let me know what I'm missing. Thanks.

Patrick - W2TAR

Dave Garber

Not sure if it your answer but I have noticed my log would save contact with 6 digital grid.  Which will not match a 4 digit grid number.   So en82lg in your log of my call will not match a en82lg of any other call

On Sat., Dec. 12, 2020, 12:28 p.m. Patrick Hung, <pathung@...> wrote:
I just began collecting grids, and have noted the following:

At times, a station with a grid-needed highlight shows up in JTALERT, when it has in fact been worked before; however, the same station does not display in the JTALERT Decodes window, seemingly because I've ticked the box "Do Not Show WorkedB4".

Question: shouldn't this station NOT BE HIGHLIGHTED as a needed-grid in the WSJT-X decodes panel when it's been worked before? This is a problem, as when it does, I would "pounce" on it, thinking that it's a new contact; I could check it against the Decodes window, but there's rarely time for that before my transmission period kicks in.

Please let me know what I'm missing. Thanks.

Patrick - W2TAR

Patrick Hung

I just edited my original post, as I mistakenly wrote JTALERT in place of WSJT-x in the first line.

To sum, WSJT-X decodes panel shows station as JTALERT-highlighted/grid-needed, while the station is not visible in the JTALERT decodes window.

Thanks.

Patrick - W2TAR