Topics

Worked B4

randybuckner

Howdy from Texas. I did a search and read about worked B4 solutions, but I am still stumped. Somehow my file must have got corrupted, because it quit recognizing anyone already worked. I did as was instructed in a previous comment. I downloaded my LOTW log as an .adi file. I went into the JT Alert Manage Settings. Then into logging. Then into Log B4 Database. I clicked on import and chose my LOTW .adi, and it showed it imported 2,800+ files. I clicked okay, but noting changed. What am I doing wrong, or leaving out?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/11/2019 4:53 am wrote:
Howdy from Texas. I did a search and read about worked B4 solutions, but I am still stumped. Somehow my file must have got corrupted, because it quit recognizing anyone already worked. I did as was instructed in a previous comment. I downloaded my LOTW log as an .adi file. I went into the JT Alert Manage Settings. Then into logging. Then into Log B4 Database. I clicked on import and chose my LOTW .adi, and it showed it imported 2,800+ files. I clicked okay, but noting changed. What am I doing wrong, or leaving out?
OM (Name/Call ?),

The B4Log.mdb file  (which received your adif import) is only used when logging is disabled (JTAlert shows "NO Log" in the titlebar text) otherwise the enabled logger is used for all B4 checks.

If you are indeed running with "NO Log" than the B4 detection should work.
When you say B4 is not working, is that for all previously worked callsigns decoded or only a small number of previously worked decoded callsigns are not showing "B4"?

Why did you use an LoTW adif export to populate the B4Log file rather than a full export from your primary logger? The problem with an LoTW export is that it will only contain LoTW confirmed QSOs.

Please use the "Help" (or "?") -> "Contact Support" menu, on the JTAlert title-bar, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis and please include a note of this message thread.

de Laurie VK3AMA

randybuckner

I have no primary logger. I have always just used the .adif log. I found that when I loaded the LOTW to the B4 database, that the worked B4 didn't show anymore. When I went into the settings and removed the check mark from the .adif file, the B4 started showing up. So I'm happy with that, but now it doesn't upload to eQSL anymore. I guess I shouid get a logging program, but I don't want all of the bells and whistles of HRD.

Larry Banks

Hi Randy,

Look into N3FJP’s ACLog – it’s simple, easy to use, and easy to learn.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Friday, November 29, 2019 18:22
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Worked B4

I have no primary logger. I have always just used the .adif log. I found that when I loaded the LOTW to the B4 database, that the worked B4 didn't show anymore. When I went into the settings and removed the check mark from the .adif file, the B4 started showing up. So I'm happy with that, but now it doesn't upload to eQSL anymore. I guess I shouid get a logging program, but I don't want all of the bells and whistles of HRD.

Russ Ravella

I would also suggest DXLab’s “DXKeeper".  It’s easy to use and easy to learn too, and very powerful.  And more powerful still when used with the rest of the suite.  Plus it’s free with excellent near real-time support.

GL and 73, Russ KR6W

Sent: Friday, November 29, 2019 18:22

I have no primary logger. I have always just used the .adif log. I found that when I loaded the LOTW to the B4 database, that the worked B4 didn't show anymore. When I went into the settings and removed the check mark from the .adif file, the B4 started showing up. So I'm happy with that, but now it doesn't upload to eQSL anymore. I guess I shouid get a logging program, but I don't want all of the bells and whistles of HRD.

John

I had an issue with the B4 the other night where I tried to contact a station but could not get him to come back.
The next day he is marked as worked even though nothing was logged and I have not worked him.

What might cause that?

John, W3ML

randybuckner

Thanks, Larry. I tried ACLog today, but it won't interface with my radio (ICOM 7300). No matter what settings, I get an access to com port 3 denied. It was worth a shot.

Kevin k5vp

Search youtube for 'aclog ic-7300'.  There's plenty of info & how-to's.

I use ACLog, with my 7300 & it works good.  Also, the N3JFP is very helpful & responsive to questions.

Kevin k5vp

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 3:45 PM randybuckner via Groups.Io <randybuckner=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks, Larry. I tried ACLog today, but it won't interface with my radio (ICOM 7300). No matter what settings, I get an access to com port 3 denied. It was worth a shot.

Larry Banks

Hi Randy,

Many hams have interfaced ACLog to the 7300.  I have copied the N3FJP user group – I’m sure you will receive help.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2019 18:44

Thanks, Larry. I tried ACLog today, but it won't interface with my radio (ICOM 7300). No matter what settings, I get an access to com port 3 denied. It was worth a shot.

Rr

Yes_AC works great with my 7300.  Be sure to Enable ACLog in JTAlert settings

Sent from my Jitterbug

On Nov 30, 2019 5:56 PM, Kevin C <k5vp@...> wrote:
Search youtube for 'aclog ic-7300'.  There's plenty of info & how-to's.

I use ACLog, with my 7300 & it works good.  Also, the N3JFP is very helpful & responsive to questions.

Kevin k5vp

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 3:45 PM randybuckner via Groups.Io <randybuckner=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks, Larry. I tried ACLog today, but it won't interface with my radio (ICOM 7300). No matter what settings, I get an access to com port 3 denied. It was worth a shot.

Herschel Hall

To set up AC log, you cannot have WSJT running at the same time, after you get AC log setup, then use JT alert to start WSJT first then AC log. When AC log starts you will have to check the box that pops up stating that AC log cannot access COM 3. WSJT must be controlling the radio. If you are not using WSJT then when u start AC log it will be talking to the radio.
Herschel WA9KIA

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 6:37 PM Rr <rrowe61@...> wrote:

Yes_AC works great with my 7300.  Be sure to Enable ACLog in JTAlert settings

Sent from my Jitterbug

On Nov 30, 2019 5:56 PM, Kevin C <k5vp@...> wrote:
Search youtube for 'aclog ic-7300'.  There's plenty of info & how-to's.

I use ACLog, with my 7300 & it works good.  Also, the N3JFP is very helpful & responsive to questions.

Kevin k5vp

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 3:45 PM randybuckner via Groups.Io <randybuckner=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks, Larry. I tried ACLog today, but it won't interface with my radio (ICOM 7300). No matter what settings, I get an access to com port 3 denied. It was worth a shot.

randybuckner

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Herschel, I discovered last night that WSJT and ACLog want the same com port. I can run the radio with ACLog, thanks to changes made from watching the video, or with WSJT, but not both. Will ACLog still work with WSJT if it is not connected via a com port?

randybuckner

Well I just answered my own question. I turned on WSJT, and JT 65, with ACLog checked as the logging program. I started ACLog, checked the com port denied message, then made a contact. A screen popped up saying  ACLog failed to log contact. I've logged everything manually for years, so I can keep on keeping on.

Michael Black

Yes ACLog will still work.

You can actually have them both hooked up at the same time but need to use a couple of programs in WSJT-X do it plus virtual serial port software to do it.

#1 Set up some virtual serial port software.  Let's assume you're rig is on COM6 and we'll use virtual COM7 as our CAT control port for later
#2 Set up rigctld to talk to your rig..find your rig model first..7300 example here
rigctld-wsjtx -l | find "7300"
rigctld-wsjtx -m 373 -r COM6 -s 19200
#3 Run WSJT-X and change the rig selection to use "Hamlib NET rigctl"
At this point WSJT-X should be working OK
#4 Run rigctlcom to provide a TS-2000 emulation for ACLog to connect to -- rigctlcom connects to rigctld and provides a TS2000 emulation on COM7 -- you can use any baud rate the AClog can do
rigctlcom-wsjtx -m 4 -R COM7 -s 115200
#5 Run ACLog and pick Kenwood on COM7 115200

de Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, December 1, 2019, 07:58:03 AM CST, randybuckner via Groups.Io <randybuckner@...> wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Herschel, I discovered last night that WSJT and ACLog want the same com port. I can run the radio with ACLog, thanks to changes made from watching the video, or with WSJT, but not both. Will ACLog still work with WSJT if it is not connected via a com port?

Michael Black

Oops...change the -m 4 to -m 2 for Hamlib NET rigctl.

Mike

#1 Set up some virtual serial port software.  Let's assume you're rig is on COM6 and we'll use virtual COM7 as our CAT control port for later
#2 Set up rigctld to talk to your rig..find your rig model first..7300 example here
rigctld-wsjtx -l | find "7300"
rigctld-wsjtx -m 373 -r COM6 -s 19200
#3 Run WSJT-X and change the rig selection to use "Hamlib NET rigctl"
At this point WSJT-X should be working OK
#4 Run rigctlcom to provide a TS-2000 emulation for ACLog to connect to -- rigctlcom connects to rigctld and provides a TS2000 emulation on COM7 -- you can use any baud rate the AClog can do
rigctlcom-wsjtx -m 4 -R COM7 -s 115200
#5 Run ACLog and pick Kenwood on COM7 115200

de Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, December 1, 2019, 07:58:03 AM CST, randybuckner via Groups.Io <randybuckner@...> wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Herschel, I discovered last night that WSJT and ACLog want the same com port. I can run the radio with ACLog, thanks to changes made from watching the video, or with WSJT, but not both. Will ACLog still work with WSJT if it is not connected via a com port?

Michael Black

I got the virtual com port stuff wrong too....
So let me rewrite these steps now that I actually tested that this works with ACLog

#1 Set up some virtual serial port software.  Let's assume you're rig is on COM6 and we'll use virtual COM7/COM8 as our CAT control ports for ACLog
#2 Set up rigctld to talk to your rig..find your rig model first..7300 example here
rigctld-wsjtx -l | find "7300"
rigctld-wsjtx -m 373 -r COM6 -s 19200
#3 Run WSJT-X and change the rig selection to use "Hamlib NET rigctl"
At this point WSJT-X should be working OK
#4 Run rigctlcom to provide a TS-2000 emulation for ACLog to connect to -- rigctlcom connects to rigctld and provides a TS2000 emulation on COM7 -- you can use any baud rate that AClog can do
rigctlcom-wsjtx -m 2 -R COM7 -s 115200
#5 Run ACLog and pick Kenwood on COM8 115200

de Mike W9MDB

randybuckner

#1 Set up some virtual serial port software.  Let's assume you're rig is on COM6 and we'll use virtual COM7/COM8 as our CAT control ports for ACLog
I set up com 1 and com 2 (7300 is on com 3)

#2 Set up rigctld to talk to your rig..find your rig model first..7300 example here
rigctld-wsjtx -l | find "7300"
rigctld-wsjtx -m 373 -r COM6 -s 19200
Done

#3 Run WSJT-X and change the rig selection to use "Hamlib NET rigctl"
Done

At this point WSJT-X should be working OK
It is, except I get a rig control error message.

#4 Run rigctlcom to provide a TS-2000 emulation for ACLog to connect to -- rigctlcom connects to rigctld and provides a TS2000 emulation on COM7 -- you can use any baud rate that AClog can do
rigctlcom-wsjtx -m 2 -R COM7 -s 115200
You lost me at this point. Thanks for trying.

#5 Run ACLog and pick Kenwood on COM8 115200

de Mike W9MDB

Herschel Hall

Sorry for the slow reply, been a busy morning. Here’s how I do AC log with JT alert & WSJT. Set up your Jt alert to start both programs

After AC log starts I get this screen & just click the box & ur on the air.

Herschel WA9KIA

#1 Set up some virtual serial port software.  Let's assume you're rig is on COM6 and we'll use virtual COM7/COM8 as our CAT control ports for ACLog
I set up com 1 and com 2 (7300 is on com 3)

#2 Set up rigctld to talk to your rig..find your rig model first..7300 example here
rigctld-wsjtx -l | find "7300"

#3 Run WSJT-X and change the rig selection to use "Hamlib NET rigctl"
Done

#4 Run rigctlcom to provide a TS-2000 emulation for ACLog to connect to -- rigctlcom connects to rigctld and provides a TS2000 emulation on COM7 -- you can use any baud rate that AClog can do

#5 Run ACLog and pick Kenwood on COM8 115200

de Mike W9MDB

randybuckner

I set mine up exactly as you have it, but I still get a failure to log message. Strange thing is that it logs to QRZ!?!?

randybuckner

Tried to give you a call a couple of times but get a 'party not available' message.