Topics

Windows Defender doesn't like JTAlert 2.14.3

Scott

My Windows Defender actually deleted the .exe file that had been installed the past 2 weeks on me. I tried to reinstall it and it removes it immediately, even though when installing I said it's a trusted source. Can someone point this Win10 dummy to directions how to exclude this from Defender?

73 Scott
KN3A

William Wagaman

Sent from BlueMail

On Sep 8, 2019, at 6:12 AM, Scott <scolit@...> wrote:
My Windows Defender actually deleted the .exe file that had been installed the past 2 weeks on me. I tried to reinstall it and it removes it immediately, even though when installing I said it's a trusted source. Can someone point this Win10 dummy to directions how to exclude this from Defender?

73 Scott
KN3A

Rickey

Open Defender> Virus Protection>Manage Settings> Exclusions.

m_scot_alex

Scott -

Just curious - are you using more than one AV program with Defender? Defender is usually pretty good at differentiating between hobby software and legitimate threats by itself.

Thanks,

Mike - N8MSA

Scott

Thank you very much! That was easy. I just got home after being away all day and had this resolved within 5 minutes.

Someone else asked if I have any other antivirus programs running and the answer is no, there's no need, as Windows Defender usually behaves.

There is a setting that I have turned off and Defender thinks I should enable, and that's "Tamper Protection". Should I keep it disabled or enable?

73-
Scott
KN3A

David Levy

Scott,

I too use Windows Defender, and I have exempted the folders that contain JTAlert.  This has solved all of my issues.

David

K3DFL