locked Window 10 magnify

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

Due to eyesight I am having to use windos magnifier to read the screen.  This works well.  Except jtalert.  When clicking on view the mouse shoots to the upper left corner then jiggles around until I double click it.  Of course that removes what drop down screen there.  ALL OTHER APPS WORK.  Just when trying to configure jtalert.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 30/06/2021 12:26 pm, heath calhoun - kb5vai wrote:
Due to eyesight I am having to use windos magnifier to read the screen.  This works well.  Except jtalert.  When clicking on view the mouse shoots to the upper left corner then jiggles around until I double click it.  Of course that removes what drop down screen there.  ALL OTHER APPS WORK.  Just when trying to configure jtalert.

I can't reproduce that behavior in my tests on 3 different Win10 PCs.
The standard Win10 Magnify, increases the scaling of all Windows and their content. Is this the magnifier you're using? I have used magnifiers in the past that scaled only parts of the screen following the mouse pointer. Are you using that type of magnifier?

de Laurie VK3AMA

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

Am using the standard windows 10 magnifier.  HP mini elite desk desktops. 1 with single monitor, 1 with dual monitors.  Windows 10 pro x64.  Both do the same.

-------- Original message --------
From: "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...>
Date: 6/30/21 15:34 (GMT-06:00)
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Window 10 magnify

On 1/07/2021 8:46 am, heath calhoun - kb5vai wrote:
Am using the standard windows 10 magnifier.  HP mini elite desk desktops. 1 with single monitor, 1 with dual monitors.  Windows 10 pro x64.  Both do the same.

I am not familiar with the HP desktops so can't make any informed comment about their usage.

On my WIn10 PC, the Magnifier App looks like this.

Is this the app your referring to?

Are all the JTAlert windows misbehaving for you or is it only a particular window?

de Laurie VK3AMA

heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...>

It's the built in magnifier.
It only happens when I click on view or file to try going to settings.

On 2/07/2021 1:16 pm, heath calhoun - kb5vai wrote:
It only happens when I click on view or file to try going to settings.

So its only one of the JTAlert windows is that correct?
Is it the Decodes Window, it is the only one that has File and View menu entries?

I just repeated testing, using all 3 modes of the Magnifier, The full screen, the docked view and the floating magnifying view. All worked correctly with JTAlert.

Are you perhaps using an old version of JTAlert? I did all my testing with the latest release, 2.50.2

I used the Microsoft Magnifier instructions posted here...
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/setting-up-and-using-magnifier-e1330ccd-8d5c-2b3c-d383-fd202808c71a

Sorry, I can't offer any advice on how to fix your problem.

de Laurie VK3AMA