Topics

Will not launch - error

Joe Roth

I updated to v 2.16.9 from 2.16.8. Now I get the error shown here (AutoIt Error). I went back to v 2.16.8 and got it again. I un-installed the program including registry and folder.
Installed 2.26.9 fresh and still get the error.
Who can help here?
v 2.16.8 worked fine before the update. Using Win10 and high-end PC.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/07/2020 5:20 am, Joe Roth wrote:
I updated to v 2.16.9 from 2.16.8. Now I get the error shown here (AutoIt Error). I went back to v 2.16.8 and got it again. I un-installed the program including registry and folder.
Installed 2.26.9 fresh and still get the error.
Who can help here?
v 2.16.8 worked fine before the update. Using Win10 and high-end PC.

My only suggestion is a complete uninstall of JTAlert including a manual deletion of all files and directories located under the %localappdata%\HamApps\ directory. Be warned that deleting the %localappdata%\HamApps\ directory will delete your JTAlert config. If after doing this you still cannot start JTAlert after a new install, my only thoughts are that your PC protection software is interfering.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe Roth

Edited

Still no go.
I deleted all the file & folders including those in localappdata.
Scanned and cleaned anything in the registry.
Re-booted, re-installed. Made sure no programs were running in the background. Got the same error with one minor change; instead of line 22238 it is now 22265.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 31/07/2020 5:26 am, Joe Roth wrote:
I deleted all the file & folders including those in localappdata.
Scanned and cleaned anything in the registry.
Re-booted, re-installed. Made sure no programs were running in the background. Got the same error with one minor change; instead of line 22238 it is now 22265.

If that folder/files deletion included the JTAlert installation directory, my only other suggestion is that you try installing to a different location out-side the "Program Files..." directories. I am thinking a possible security/permissions issue, perhaps something broken within the File System.

Its probably worth running an Disk Error check, you may have a bad sector.

de Laurie VK3AMA