Topics

locked Wide Graph RED waterfall

J F

I searched the group and found this discussed in 2015 however the person that figured it out himself did not sign his name with call and their is no email.  So I am now posting this in the hopes someone can help me.  Below I will attach a screen shot of what I have going on.  It happened once before as you can see by the date. However I don't remember how I managed to solve it.  Radio is Icom 7200, Ham Radio Deluxe v.6.60.237, WSJT-X v2.1.2, JTAlert v2.15.6

 All I can remember is that it was something so simple.  Now I feel stupid for not having written down what seemed so simple at the time.

Michael Black

Given that you don't even show 0dB on the dB graph on the left would indicate you have either the wrong audio device selected or the audio level between the rig and computer is wrong.

Audio device on the computer should be at 0dB (right click the level slider in the recording sound device to set dB) and adjust the rig's audio playback to get 30dB on a quiet spot.

Also need to check the mixer to ensure WSJT-X's level in there is correct too.

Plus there's the microphone privacy stuff to check.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 07:49:58 PM CST, J F via Groups.Io <kk4hmq@...> wrote:

I searched the group and found this discussed in 2015 however the person that figured it out himself did not sign his name with call and their is no email.  So I am now posting this in the hopes someone can help me.  Below I will attach a screen shot of what I have going on.  It happened once before as you can see by the date. However I don't remember how I managed to solve it.  Radio is Icom 7200, Ham Radio Deluxe v.6.60.237, WSJT-X v2.1.2, JTAlert v2.15.6

 All I can remember is that it was something so simple.  Now I feel stupid for not having written down what seemed so simple at the time.

Joe Polcari

Possibly your soundcard is misconfigured if it’s USB. Check it.

From: <Support@HamApps.groups.io> on behalf of "J F via Groups.Io" <kk4hmq@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 8:50 PM
To: <Support@HamApps.groups.io>
Subject: [HamApps] Wide Graph RED waterfall

I searched the group and found this discussed in 2015 however the person that figured it out himself did not sign his name with call and their is no email.  So I am now posting this in the hopes someone can help me.  Below I will attach a screen shot of what I have going on.  It happened once before as you can see by the date. However I don't remember how I managed to solve it.  Radio is Icom 7200, Ham Radio Deluxe v.6.60.237, WSJT-X v2.1.2, JTAlert v2.15.6

 All I can remember is that it was something so simple.  Now I feel stupid for not having written down what seemed so simple at the time.

chas cartmel

Perhaps the volume is too high.

Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Possibly your soundcard is misconfigured if it’s USB. Check it.

From: <Support@HamApps.groups.io> on behalf of "J F via Groups.Io" <kk4hmq@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 8:50 PM
To: <Support@HamApps.groups.io>

I searched the group and found this discussed in 2015 however the person that figured it out himself did not sign his name with call and their is no email.  So I am now posting this in the hopes someone can help me.  Below I will attach a screen shot of what I have going on.  It happened once before as you can see by the date. However I don't remember how I managed to solve it.  Radio is Icom 7200, Ham Radio Deluxe v.6.60.237, WSJT-X v2.1.2, JTAlert v2.15.6

 All I can remember is that it was something so simple.  Now I feel stupid for not having written down what seemed so simple at the time.

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

J F

Thank you.  The problem was in the computer sound/recording/IC-7200 properties.  It was completely down.  Somehow I must have changed it.  As soon as I adjusted that level I started getting dB in the graph on the left of WSJT-X.

When I was trying to get sounds for JtAlert I evidently changed this level.

Thanks to all that replied.  I am happy to be back on the air in FT8.

73

Jona
KK4HMQ