conradtrautmann@...

Vince, I think you may be on to something. I got a new computer, did fresh installs of Win 10 and WSJT-X and JTAlert and could not get it to work. I rolled back .net just like you did by uninstalling and loading 5.0.0 and boom, everything was happy. It would not work with 5.0.11 at all. I was going to report it as a fresh discovery but saw you had the same issue. Apparently .11 was released recently so maybe something in that recent release changed.

Joe Subich, W4TV

dot NET 5.0.11 *DESKTOP* works just fine with the most recent version
of Windows 10. If "rolling back" to 5.0.5 made a difference, you
probably have the console version of 5.0.11 (wrong product).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-10-18 7:34 PM, conradtrautmann via groups.io wrote:
Vince, I think you may be on to something. I got a new computer, did fresh installs of Win 10 and WSJT-X and JTAlert and could not get it to work. I rolled back .net just like you did by uninstalling and loading 5.0.0 and boom, everything was happy. It would not work with 5.0.11 at all. I was going to report it as a fresh discovery but saw you had the same issue. Apparently .11 was released recently so maybe something in that recent release changed.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/10/2021 11:07 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

dot NET 5.0.11 *DESKTOP* works just fine with the most recent version
of Windows 10.  If "rolling back" to 5.0.5 made a difference, you
probably have the console version of 5.0.11 (wrong product).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

Exactly! You beat me to it Joe.

If rolling back the .NET version corrects the JTAlert operation it is because the original version was the non-desktop version and the rolled-back version was the "Desktop Runtime" as is required by JTAlert, which is a Desktop application.

In ALL cases I have seen where people have a broken JTAlert install related to the .NET install, it has been due to the non-desktop runtime being installed, despite the many posts about this, the online documentation with direct links to the correct runtimes and the JTAlert help file instructions. Once the affected users took the time to read the instructions or follow the posted instructions and installed the "Desktop Runtime" JTAlert starts operating as designed.

On 18/10/2021 12:00 pm, Dave Garber wrote:
I've tried to set everything the same..no joy..
maybe it is just port settings or something like that?

At least the old version of JTA 2.16.3 still is logging to HRD.

Install the correct .NET Desktop Runtime. If you cant or wont, than your only option it to stay with the old JTAlert 2.16.x releases.

All current 2.50.x releases AND ALL future releases require the .NET Desktop Runtime! It is not optional, it cannot be substituted with the non-desktop runtime. Without the Desktop Runtime, JTAlert 2.50.x will not function correctly with many parts of it not working.

de Laurie VK3AMA

conradtrautmann@...

Thanks for clarifying desktop vs console. I did follow the links in the program to the .net site and downloaded what I thought was right for my computer. I also read the setup instructions but must have missed this.

I’ll give desktop a try.