locked Which version of JT Alert works now with my HRD v6.7.0.391 Release

Vince Loschiavo

Hi Laurie,
I've been using the following as I remember that some links broke to push contacts to HRD Logbook
here is what I'm using.
HRD 6.7.0.391
Windows 10Pro OS Version 21H1
OS build 19043.1288
with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
WSJT-X v2.4.0 c19d62
Please find the 'about' info below.
JTAlert Instance      : #1
JTAlert Start Params  : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title   : WSJT-X   v2.4.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, K9AN, and IV3NWV
WSJT-X Command Line   : C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe
WSJT-X   --rig-name   :
WSJT-X Config File    : C:\Users\Ham Shack\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

================================
UDP Ports used
--------------------------------
JTAlert.exe           : 57549
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 56966
JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe :

================================
JTAlertV2.Manager status
(2021-10-16 19:44:35 utc)

Could you tell me which version to go to that will continue working with HRD, Win10, and WSJT-X ??

Thanks
Vince
N2AIE

Joe Subich, W4TV

Could you tell me which version to go to that will continue working
with HRD, Win10, and WSJT-X ??
The developers of HRD have been systematically burning interoperation
with WSJT-X. In addition, Laurie can no longer test with HRD so it
is not possible to answer your question. Either the current version
of WSJT-X works with the current version or it does not - if it does
not, there is no way for Laurie to "fix" the interopertion as HRD
are actively blocking and seeking to replace WSJT-X.

I do know that HRD have changed their database (log) format in the
current version which makes it highly likely that any function in
WSJT-X that requires access to your log will not work.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-10-16 3:52 PM, Vince Loschiavo wrote:
Hi Laurie,
[...]

Barry VA7GEM

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 06:30 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
I do know that HRD have changed their database (log) format in the
current version which makes it highly likely that any function in
WSJT-X that requires access to your log will not work.

73,

... Joe, W4TV
Joe
Just to keep the record straight , I use the latest version of
Win10 Home, HRD, WSJTX, JTA.
I am seeing no issues at all.
cheers
Barry
va7gem

Jack Spitznagel (KD4IZ)

Joe, Vince,

I can't say that I have seen anything to support what Joe is saying regarding the actions of developers at HRD re:WSJT-X. JTAlert has continued to function well here for several iterations. On my current Win10 Pro 21H1 box, I am successfully running:

HRD current make 6.7.0.391 HRD control and logging work with all 3 radios and the current software version below:.

WSJT-X v2.4.0 c19d62 and

JTAlertV2.Manager (2.50.7.0) with current config:
==========
JTAlert Instance       : #1
JTAlert Start Params   : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title    : WSJT-X   v2.4.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, K9AN, and IV3NWV
WSJT-X Command Line    : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"
WSJT-X   --rig-name    :
WSJT-X Config File     : C:\Users\lusername\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version         : 2.4.0
WSJT-X Revision        : c19d62
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode    : None
WSJT-X UDP ID          : WSJT-X
WSJT-X UDP Port        : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server      : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on LB : False
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema  : 3

UDP Ports used
JTAlert.exe           : 62422 62637
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 50092 50093 50094
JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe : 51567

Audio output devices
[1] Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
[2] IC-7300 TX Out (USB Audio CODEC )
[3] XENYX Mixer Out (2- USB Audio CODEC )
[4] IC-9700 TX Out (3- USB Audio CODEC )
[5] DELL U2414H (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
[6] IC-705 TX Out (7- USB Audio CODEC )

JTAlertV2.Manager (2.50.7.0) status
(2021-10-17 13:29:27 utc)
CLR Version       : 5.0.11
NET Framework     : .NET 5.0.11
Architecture      : x64 64bit
UDP Router        : Initialized : YES (WSJT-X)
Audio             : Initialized : YES (6 output devices)
Activity Service  : Initialized : YES (started : 58)
Messaging Service : Initialized : YES (started : 17)
HamSpots Service  : Initialized : YES
QRZ Xml           : Initialized : YES (KD4IZ)
HamQth Xml        : Initialized : YES
QRZ Log           : Initialized : YES (1515-81FF-7263-25C0)
HamQth Log        : Initialized : YES (KD4IZ)
ClubLog Log       : Initialized : YES (KD4IZ)
Eqsl Log          : Initialized : YES
HrdLog Log        : Initialized : YES
DXLab DDE         : Initialized : YES
User Alert        : Initialized : YES
Updates Check     : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)
Environment Check : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)
Maintenance       : Initialized : YES (started : 3600)

Note that the start up order is important - HRD, WSJT-X, then JTAlert. I hope this helps Vince get his set up working.

Jack - KD4IZ

Roger- AC6BW

I too am using the latest versions of HRD, WSJT-X and JTAlert, and I've noticed no problems.
Furthermore, I was a Beta tester for the current version of HRD, and to my knowledge, there were no changes made to the DB format that would affect interoperation with WSJT-X.
Roger
AC6BW

Antony

No problem here logging with the latest of the 3 programs mentioned either. They run well together.

73,
Antony G4CUS

Michael T. Lieberman

Hi, a problem here :
Running latest versions of everything on a new Win10 machine , new to me.

On JTALERT, all i get is the Main Screen with the first line. Nothing else, no name , location,  state or county etc etc !!!!
Any thoughts ????
Have been using these programs forever, luv them  !!!!
Thanks & 73 to all,
Michael WA1UZO

MTL

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021, 12:33 PM Antony <antonyg4cus@...> wrote:
No problem here logging with the latest of the 3 programs mentioned either. They run well together.

73,
Antony G4CUS

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/10/2021 4:20 am, Michael T. Lieberman wrote:
ll i get is the Main Screen with the first line. Nothing else, no name , location,  state or county etc etc !!!!
Any thoughts ????

To display the log fields use the "View -> Show Log Fields" menu.

On 17/10/2021 6:52 am, Vince Loschiavo wrote:
Could you tell me which version to go to that will continue working with HRD, Win10, and WSJT-X ??

Thanks
Vince
N2AIE

JTAlert works with all modern (in the last few years) versions of HRD.
There have not been any reports from JTAlert test team of any HRD issues.

de Laurie VK3AMA

David - AK2L

I agree with Jack (KD4IZ).  I have been using JTAlert with multiple iterations of HRD.  The only problem has been HRD LB's use of Microsoft Access.  After I switched it to use the Maria DB, I have had zero problems.

AK2L

Michael T. Lieberman

Hey, thanks for the quick response!!
That's what I thought but it is grayed out  !!

On 18/10/2021 5:50 am, Michael T. Lieberman wrote:
That's what I thought but it is grayed out  !!

It will be greyed out (disabled) when there is not a logger enabled within JTAlert. Without a logger enabled, JTAlert doesn't do any logging, so displaying the log fields is a wasted exercise.

With JTAlert shows "NO LOG" in its titlebar, you have logging turned off.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Vince Loschiavo

Thanks all for your comments.
I'm assuming I can install the latest JTAlert in a different folder, and keep the old one..
I'll give it a try, as everything is working and has been for years..(since the start of JTA)!  Thanks Laurie,
but after seeing all the hubbub with one of the loads not working with HRD, I stopped updating JTA
as far as the sequence is concerned that is how i normally start it..HRD the let JTAlert start WSJT-x then it runs..

Thanks all.
Vince

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/10/2021 6:21 am, Vince Loschiavo wrote:
I'm assuming I can install the latest JTAlert in a different folder, and keep the old one..

That won't work. JTAlert does not support multiple installed versions.

Each new install, regardless of the install folder will impact the previously installed version making it unusable. JTAlert does support a simple upgrade/downgrade mechanism. Simply run the JTAlert installer for the version you want to use, there is no need for dedicated folders or prior uninstalls, just stop JTAlert and run the required version installer.

If you're worried about trying a new JTAlert version and loosing your settings, there is no need to be, all your JTAlert settings are stored and managed independent of the Installer operations. You can easily rollback versions without any loss of your settings just by running the old version installer.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike N8FRI

Mike N8FRI
My HRD continues to work fine business with all recent iterations of JTDX and JTAlert, although I did switch to Maria for faster/smoother access to the HRD log.

Vince Loschiavo

Joe,
I installed the latest JTA but didn't let it overwrite the old version...had it go to another folder in Pgm Files
so It is not working (no HRD logging).
I've tried to set everything the same..no joy..
maybe it is just port settings or something like that?

At least the old version of JTA 2.16.3 still is logging to HRD.

Dave Garber

Perhaps if you let it overwrite it should keep the settings

On Sun., Oct. 17, 2021, 8:43 p.m. Vince Loschiavo, <vince320@...> wrote:
Joe,
I installed the latest JTA but didn't let it overwrite the old version...had it go to another folder in Pgm Files
so It is not working (no HRD logging).
I've tried to set everything the same..no joy..
maybe it is just port settings or something like that?

At least the old version of JTA 2.16.3 still is logging to HRD.

Vince Loschiavo

So,
Not working ..
I did try the install to a new folder..and just removed it according to Laurie that it wouldn't work.
I did the re-install of 2.50.7, and still no HRD log..
It said that i was going to overwrite what was in that folder, and went ahead.
I realize that things have moved forward, and all has been working for years, an according to several it should work.
I'm back to manually recording those FT8 contacts...until I get this figured out...
UGG...

Vince Loschiavo

I never migrated to Maria db..if that is the issue.

Vince Loschiavo

Ok...I'm almost back to normal..
Im guessing that WSJT-x reports to HRD Log..
or I managed to screw it up so that I'm logging contacts again...so I'll assume that is fixed.
My concern is:
I've deprecated the .NET from 5.0.11 back to 5.0.0
I keep running your app to see if it is installed (and I can see that it is installed) and I still get the nag to download it cause it isn't..
ugg..
also
nothing is populated on JTAlert with any of the decodes..
and I see ???m up on the top row.
Vince
N2AIE..
UGG