Topics

Webroot & 2.14.2 Good

WB5NHL

Laurie;

When Webroot whitelisted JTAlert I understood and agreed with your comment on the MD5. However, whatever they did there was a pleasant surprise for 2.14.2. It installed and operates without issue. What's that old adage about gift horses hihi. I'm happy hihi

--
Dave, WB5NHL
5BDXCC, 311 countries confirmed@dkjellqu

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/08/2019 10:02 am, WB5NHL wrote:

When Webroot whitelisted JTAlert I understood and agreed with your comment on the MD5. However, whatever they did there was a pleasant surprise for 2.14.2. It installed and operates without issue. What's that old adage about gift horses hihi. I'm happy hihi

--
Dave, WB5NHL
Dave,

Good to hear.

I had an idea that perhaps it was one or more of the plugin files that was tripping up WebRoot. None of the plugin files had been recompiled for several months (there was no need as there was no changed functionality). Thinking that some of the plugins, because of their hash code, were associated with an older false positive on JTAlert that they may have been the cause. With 2.14.2, I recompiled all the plugin files regardless of the need, resulting in all files contained in the Setup executable having new Hash codes, effectively saying the the Virus software, these are all new files, never before seen.

de Laurie VK3AMA