locked Wanted US States not updating

Paul Sturpe

Here are my settings.  Alerts work fine but the list is not getting updated automatically upon working a new state.   Shouldn't it be updating automatically?

Paul, W3GQ

Michael Black

It's only updated when it's confirmed.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, October 8, 2021, 01:10:17 PM CDT, Paul Sturpe <sturpe@...> wrote:

Here are my settings.  Alerts work fine but the list is not getting updated automatically upon working a new state.   Shouldn't it be updating automatically?

Paul, W3GQ

Paul Sturpe

Two questions then.

  • What does the checked box do on the attached file?
  • Is there no way to select "no confirmation required" like there is on the DXCC alerts?

Thanks,
Paul, W3GQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/10/2021 5:10 am, Paul Sturpe wrote:
Here are my settings.  Alerts work fine but the list is not getting updated automatically upon working a new state.   Shouldn't it be updating automatically?

Paul, W3GQ

Paul,

Your settings look fine.

Are you running the Alert database Rebuild of the Wanted States? If so, that will be the cause of the need status being reset.
Since you're not interested in States requiring confirmation, there is no need to run the rebuild since you have the "Auto cleared triggered ... " setting enabled.

On 9/10/2021 5:13 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
It's only updated when it's confirmed.

Mike W9MDB

That is wrong!

The OP is using the "Auto cleared triggered ..." setting, so States are automatically removed when a suitable station is worked, there is no confirmation requirement. Confirmation requirements only come into play when running the database rebuild and then only if one or more confirmation types are set.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Paul Sturpe

Oh crap.  I hope I didn't inadvertantly send a partial reply.

Anyway, Laurie, I want to say first of all how much I enjoy the program and have passed it on to several of my ham friends.

I'm just trying to see if things are working here the way they should or if I am missing a "switch" somewhere.

Using 12 meters as an example, I uploaded my settings.  Yes I don't care about confirmations for the time being.   With those settings I would expect to get no further alerts for a state once I work that state on 12 meters.

Then when I look at the list of states worked, I would expect to see a new check mark for the state I just worked.

Neither of those two things are happening i.e. I continue to get alerts for the state I just worked and a check mark does not show up in that state's box.

Am I expecting something that is not supposed to happen?

Thanks,
Paul, W3GQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/10/2021 6:02 am, Paul Sturpe wrote:
Then when I look at the list of states worked, I would expect to see a new check mark for the state I just worked.

Neither of those two things are happening i.e. I continue to get alerts for the state I just worked and a check mark does not show up in that state's box.

A check-mark indicates that a State is needed. No check-mark is what you want. If you have the "Auto clear triggered ... " setting enabled, than there is no need to manually change the need status of individual States.

Please use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Paul Sturpe

Laurie,

Whoops.  I was looking at that table backwards.   Like you say, I want to see a check mark removed when I work a new state.  I'll do a little more testing before I bother you again.

Thanks and 73,

Paul, W3GQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 9/10/2021 6:02 am, Paul Sturpe wrote:
With those settings I would expect to get no further alerts for a state once I work that state on 12 meters.

How are you determining that the State is still being alerted? is it ny the coloring of the Callsign , by a State audio alert or both?

If it is only by the coloring of the Callsign, it may be the Wanted Dxcc alert being triggered. Both alert types have the same yellow background coloring with the font color, red or black distinguishing the alert type.

Hover you mouse over the Callsign of what you believe is incorrect alerting station and observe the resulting tooltip, it should indicate what Alert types were triggered for the callsign, the State, Dxcc, etc will be in bold if they are associated with an Alert type.

de Laurie VK3AMA