locked Wanted States Alert

Jim Austin

General Wanted States question:

Win 7 SP2
WSJT - V2.4.0
JTAlert 2.50.6
LOG4OM 2 V 2.17.0.0

WAS confirmed via LOTW on 80,40,30,20,17,15,12, and 10 meters.

Several times a  day I receive an alert for WV as a wanted state. I have cleared the state several times in the wanted /unwanted state settings of JTAlert. However, when I rebuild the JTAlert Alert database, the alert will return.
This happens on several bands.  At present, it occurs on 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 12, and 10 meters but not on 15.

So is this issue within the JT Alert program or all tied to the OSO/QSL database?

It's not a major problem but any hints would be appreciated.

73's
W4KCM
Jim

Michael Black

Replace the states.csv in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Log4OM with this one

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, November 26, 2021, 07:03:45 AM CST, Jim Austin <w4kcm1@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Mike. All good to go...

The original file had WV as WVR

73

--
Regards,
 Jim

Michael Black

You'll find you should do a complete LOTW download too to update all your old WV QSOs.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, November 26, 2021, 10:10:58 AM CST, Jim Austin <w4kcm1@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim N6VH

On 11/26/2021 5:03 AM, Jim Austin wrote:
[...]

There was a defect in Log4OM 2.17 (and possibly earlier). When a QSO was confirmed by LOTW, and the state was WV, Log4OM changed the state to VA. This has been corrected in Log4OM  2.18, so it would be helpful to do the upgrade. Once you do that, you can either:

1. Go through your log and change each incorrect state to WV. One way to do this is to use a filter in Log4OM QSO Manager. Filter for "State EQUAL VA" and "Cnty LIKE_STARTING_WITH WV. This should show all the WV QSOs that were confirmed by LOTW, but the state was changed to "VA" Then, still in the QSO Manager, select all of those QSOs. Since the QSOs listed should all be the ones with an incorrect state, click Select/deselect near the lower left of the QSO Manager. Then, just  go to Single Field Update. In the "Field to update" box, select "State". In "New value", enter "WV". Then click "Update". That should do the trick.

2. The other method, and less complicated, is to use the Log4OM QSL Manager. Once set to LOTW, and you are in the "Download confirmations" screen, click "Date range". Set the "QSO from" date to the earliest date you need. Set the "QSO to" date to the latest date you need - even using the current date will be fine. The do the download. This should change every incorrect state to the correct one. You might want to check a few QSOs, just to be certain.

After doing either "1" or "2", do a "Rebuild Alert Database" in JTAlert. Everything should work correctly now.

Hope this helps.

73,

Jim N6VH

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/11/2021 3:37 am, Jim N6VH wrote:
[...]

Thanks Jim!

Good to see that the Log4OM team finally confirmed the defect within their software, it has taken a while. This WV change to VA for LoTW confirmed QSOs was reported many months ago.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Austin

Thanks, Jim N6VH for the advice. I did the update to Log4OM and a big download from LoTW. All good to go.

73 Jim  W4KCM

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 3:54 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 27/11/2021 3:37 am, Jim N6VH wrote:
> There was a defect in Log4OM 2.17 (and possibly earlier). When a QSO
> was confirmed by LOTW, and the state was WV, Log4OM changed the state
> to VA. This has been corrected in Log4OM  2.18, so it would be helpful
> to do the upgrade. Once you do that, you can either:
>
> 1. Go through your log and change each incorrect state to WV. One way
> to do this is to use a filter in Log4OM QSO Manager. Filter for "State
> EQUAL VA" and "Cnty LIKE_STARTING_WITH WV. This should show all the WV
> QSOs that were confirmed by LOTW, but the state was changed to "VA"
> Then, still in the QSO Manager, select all of those QSOs. Since the
> QSOs listed should all be the ones with an incorrect state, click
> Select/deselect near the lower left of the QSO Manager. Then, just  go
> to Single Field Update. In the "Field to update" box, select "State".
> In "New value", enter "WV". Then click "Update". That should do the
> trick.
>
> 2. The other method, and less complicated, is to use the Log4OM QSL
> Manager. Once set to LOTW, and you are in the "Download confirmations"
> screen, click "Date range". Set the "QSO from" date to the earliest
> date you need. Set the "QSO to" date to the latest date you need -
> even using the current date will be fine. The do the download. This
> should change every incorrect state to the correct one. You might want
> to check a few QSOs, just to be certain.
>
> After doing either "1" or "2", do a "Rebuild Alert Database" in
> JTAlert. Everything should work correctly now.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim N6VH

Thanks Jim!

Good to see that the Log4OM team finally confirmed the defect within
their software, it has taken a while. This WV change to VA for LoTW
confirmed QSOs was reported many months ago.

Regards,
 Jim

WarrenG KC0GU

Jim,

Thanks for this info.  I have been complaining to a friend for months about those hams in WV who won't confirm in LOTW, oops.  At any rate this procedure worked and all my EV contacts are now confirmed.

Warren
KC0GU