locked Wanted Calls and Regex Expression

D Visser

Hello,

Can we expext an extesion in JTALERT in near future concerning Wanted Calls

%callsign is now the only option, but an extension with more options (as in Gridtracker)  would be great, for example using Regex Expression.

David Visser

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/04/2021 7:52 pm, D Visser wrote:

Can we expext an extesion in JTALERT in near future concerning Wanted Calls

%callsign is now the only option, but an extension with more options (as in Gridtracker)  would be great, for example using Regex Expression.

David Visser

How does GridTracker handle it, what's the format?

As for a future update to JTAlert, that is on the todo list. The regex parser of the current compiler (AutoIT) that hadles the Alerting tests is not the best, its very slow. The new .NET C# code that JTAlert is being converted to is at least an order of magnitude faster when processing regex expressions. Sorry, I don't have a time-line on when that code will be converted.

de Laurie VK3AMA

D Visser

Can we expext an extesion in JTALERT in near future concerning Wanted Calls

%callsign is now the only option, but an extension with more options (as in Gridtracker)  would be great, for example using Regex Expression.

David Visser

How does GridTracker handle it, what's the format?
Hi Laurie,
I am not a programmer, but from the autor of GT  Tag Loomis  I learned GT uses the filter:
Say you want J*5  and F*7 and F*9  then use   ^J[A-Z]5|^F[A-Z][79]
David