Topics

locked Virus downloding V2.15.0?

Rick Arzadon - N8XI

Trying to install JTAlert 2.15.0 I am getting the attached.
Which says via AVG:

Threat Secured

We've safely aborted connection on dnl.hamapps.com because it was
infected with URL.Blacklist

Thanks for any assistance

--
Rick - N8XI

Michael Black

False positive

Then exclude all your ham software folders and data locations.

c:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps
c:\ProgramData\HamApps
c:\WSJT\WSJTX\bin
%LOCALAPPDATA%\WSJT-X

Exclude your logging program and it's data files too.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, November 7, 2019, 10:17:56 AM CST, Rick Arzadon - N8XI via Groups.Io <n8xi_1@...> wrote:

Trying to install JTAlert 2.15.0 I am getting the attached.
Which says via AVG:

Threat Secured

We've safely aborted connection on dnl.hamapps.com because it was
infected with URL.Blacklist

Thanks for any assistance

--
Rick - N8XI

chas cartmel

Mike / Laurie
Would it be a good idea, if possible of course, to add a similar message about false positives to the installer (short and sweet) before the installer itself runs?

This incessant topic of ‘I have a virus’ seems daily now and must take a lot of unnecessary support effort from yourself and main contributors.

It is the biggest FAQ (when I see another one I usually exclaim ‘FAQ not again’ or something similar.

Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Then exclude all your ham software folders and data locations.

c:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps

c:\ProgramData\HamApps

c:\WSJT\WSJTX\bin

%LOCALAPPDATA%\WSJT-X

Exclude your logging program and it's data files too.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, November 7, 2019, 10:17:56 AM CST, Rick Arzadon - N8XI via Groups.Io <n8xi_1@...> wrote:

Trying to install JTAlert 2.15.0 I am getting the attached.
Which says via AVG:

Threat Secured

We've safely aborted connection on dnl.hamapps.com because it was
infected with URL.Blacklist

Thanks for any assistance

--
Rick - N8XI

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

neil_zampella

FWIW ... the paid version of AVG Internet Security allows you to send the file to AVG for analysis, usually comes back within 15 minutes as OK.     I've done that a number of times.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Rick Arzadon - N8XI

Mike,

I am getting that error when I try to download.

AVG is my Antivirus program which is saying the download site "files.hamapps.com"
is infected with "URL.Blacklist"

Or am I mistaken?

Attached the AVG exception list.

Thanks
73, Rick - N8XI

--
Rick - N8XI

Rick Arzadon - N8XI

I have tried adding a few more exceptions.
So far, No Good...

Prior to the AVG Splash screen I get this.

This page can’t be displayed
  • Make sure the web address https://files.hamapps.com is correct.
    Rick - N8XI