Topics

Virus detected??

Neil

I had an issue with JT Alert running this morning and it said a file was missing and to download the program again.
I tried to do so and when I tried it it said a virus was detected and it would not open??
I am hesitant to disable "Defender". Any ideas?? I will try to reboot the PC and start over to see if it will clear.
Thanks 
Neil   N4FN

Neil

Well I rebooted and it still said a file was missing. However, I was able to reinstall JT Alert this time and all seems to be OK..... "Winders" can be a royal PITA!
Neil   N4FN

David Levy

When Defender finds a “virus” you should be able to select “allow” for an action.  Or at least I can on my Win7 Windows Defender.

However, I have yet to reboot to test.

David

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Neil
Sent: Monday, December 3, 2018 1:28 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Virus detected??

I had an issue with JT Alert running this morning and it said a file was missing and to download the program again.
I tried to do so and when I tried it it said a virus was detected and it would not open??
I am hesitant to disable "Defender". Any ideas?? I will try to reboot the PC and start over to see if it will clear.
Thanks 
Neil   N4FN

Bob

Sometimes the message says “More info” or something like that.  Once you click that you get the option to override. 

Bob, WK2Y

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Levy
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2018 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Virus detected??

When Defender finds a “virus” you should be able to select “allow” for an action.  Or at least I can on my Win7 Windows Defender.

David

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Neil

Thanks 
Neil   N4FN

David Levy

Bob is correct.

Defender thought that the setup file was infected, I told it to allow and rebooted.  No change in operation

David k3dfl

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Monday, December 3, 2018 3:35 PM

Sometimes the message says “More info” or something like that.  Once you click that you get the option to override. 

Bob, WK2Y

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Levy
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2018 3:01 PM

David

Thanks 
Neil   N4FN

Bob D.

I contacted MS about this and submitted the file for their review. They got back to me within an hour and said its safe (which we all knew). They have removed it from the latest definition files so in the future it should not be a problem.

Dan Srebnick K2DLS

Excellent!  I just updated to virus definitions version 1.281.1361.0 and it is indeed corrected.

Good work.

73 de K2DLS

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob D.
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 09:13

I contacted MS about this and submitted the file for their review. They got back to me within an hour and said its safe (which we all knew). They have removed it from the latest definition files so in the future it should not be a problem.