locked Version 2.60.2 triggers McAfee quarantine alert

K9MTH@...

I just upgraded today to 2.60.2.  On 2 computers, my McAfee quarentined the JTAlerts executable siting a suspected virus .  I have reinstalled 2.60.1 and the application works.
Any thoughts?

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 26/09/2022 6:55 am, K9MTH@... wrote:
I just upgraded today to 2.60.2.  On 2 computers, my McAfee quarentined the JTAlerts executable siting a suspected virus .  I have reinstalled 2.60.1 and the application works.
Any thoughts?

JTAlert is virus free. This is a false-positive from McAfee.

Report it to McAfee. Then when they confirm the false-positive and update their definition files you can then upgrade.

False positive from McAfee as usual.

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 03:55:07 PM CDT, <k9mth@...> wrote:

I just upgraded today to 2.60.2.  On 2 computers, my McAfee quarentined the JTAlerts executable siting a suspected virus .  I have reinstalled 2.60.1 and the application works.
Any thoughts?

Kevin k5vp

McAfee is giving you a false positive.

Best regards,

Kevin Potter
k5vp

On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 1:55 PM <K9MTH@...> wrote:
I just upgraded today to 2.60.2.  On 2 computers, my McAfee quarentined the JTAlerts executable siting a suspected virus .  I have reinstalled 2.60.1 and the application works.
Any thoughts?

Joe Subich, W4TV

McAfee is crap. Contact their support organization for
assistance with their false positive.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-09-25 4:55 PM, K9MTH@... wrote:
I just upgraded today to 2.60.2.  On 2 computers, my McAfee quarentined the JTAlerts executable siting a suspected virus .  I have reinstalled 2.60.1 and the application works.
Any thoughts?

Tom Turk

Unfortunately I have to use McAfee right now and it always does it to me.  Go into your McAfee dashboard and in My Protections go into Quarantined Items and you'll see JTAlertSettings.exe.  You can click on it and tell click Restore and it will work again.  That works at least until McAfee clears it on their end.
--
Tom, KM4VI

Antony

Thats why I got rid of mcafee sometime ago. Too many false alarms, not only on ham s/w.
73, Antony G4CUS

KB9HGI

Every time I went into Quarantined Items and restored the file and then click on the JTAlert Icon it would put it back in Quarantined again. So I tried to exclude it from MCAfee then I got all kinds of errors and was
telling me it was a dangerous file and would not run. So I got tired messing with it and rolled back to 2.60.1 and works fine now. Can not figure out why McAfee does not like 2.60.2 and works fine with 2.60.1

neil_zampella

Can not figure out why McAfee does not like 2.60.2 and works fine with 2.60.1

Probably because it has a different compile date, and different 'checksums' ... in any case, try updating your virus signatures, then dump McAfee.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Jacques F1VEV

Hi updated to 2.60.2 as per usual  and all is launched from Win4Icomsuite  with McAfee livesafe paid version  and NO quarantine or any other notices.  Fires up fine

Go Figure ??  73s
--
Jacques F1VEV