Topics

Ver 2.16.1 Question --- NOT urgent

Marion D. Kitchens

Upgraded to version 2.16.1 and see a very minor problem.  See the image below.  Looks like my call sign has been truncated.  Seems OK everywhere except in the JTA title

Did I miss a setting or something?  Did I miss a related post?

I repeat.  This is not a big problem

Win 10, 64 bit

Marion,  K4GOK

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/03/2020 1:04 am, Marion D. Kitchens wrote:
Upgraded to version 2.16.1 and see a very minor problem.  See the image below.  Looks like my call sign has been truncated.  Seems OK everywhere except in the JTA title

Did I miss a setting or something?  Did I miss a related post?

I repeat.  This is not a big problem

Win 10, 64 bit

Marion,  K4GOK

Marion,

It is unlikely that JTAlert is truncating the Callsign. If it is that would be the first time in 9 years of JTAlert operation. More likely is that you have the wrong Callsign setup. Visit the "Station Callsign" section of the Settings window, what does it list as your Callsign, K4GO or K4GOK?

Are you starting JTAlert with a custom shortcut where you have specified the Callsign in the command-line, if so check that. If not than you will need to use the Change Callsign executable to fix the Registry and move your Config/Session/Log files to the correct location.

I note K4GO spots on HamSpots but no K4GOK spots. K4GO doesn't appear to be a FT8 op (from looking at his QRZ bio) so likely they are yours spotted with the wrong Callsign because of the incorrect Callsign in JTAlert.

I can definitely tell you what is happening by a quick look at your JTAlert files, use the "Help" (or "? ") -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

On 24/03/2020 1:04 am, Marion D. Kitchens wrote:
Upgraded to version 2.16.1 and see a very minor problem.  See the image below.  Looks like my call sign has been truncated.  Seems OK everywhere except in the JTA title

Did I miss a setting or something?  Did I miss a related post?

I repeat.  This is not a big problem

Win 10, 64 bit

Marion,  K4GOK

Marion,

If you public IP address starts with 71.210 than this is not a cosmetic problem, you have JTAlert set to use the wrong Callsign and your outgoing spots are from the wrong Callsign.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Marion D. Kitchens

Laurie,

You were right about the wrong call sign being there.   I made the change as suggested.  But that introduced a start up error report     --  Adiflmport:error  -- , with a small screen full of specific items.

The change seems to have occurred during the 2.16.1 upgrade.  As far as I know this had not happened before during  several years of use.

Everything else seems to be working OK. But I have not tested all the recent features.

I will go try to send you my files...

Thanks for your great software !!

Marion,  K4GOK

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 06:22:18 +1100 "HamApps Support (VK3AMA)" <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> writes:

[...]

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 24/03/2020 7:07 am, Marion D. Kitchens wrote:
You were right about the wrong call sign being there.   I made the change as suggested.  But that introduced a start up error report     --  Adiflmport:error  -- , with a small screen full of specific items.
The change seems to have occurred during the 2.16.1 upgrade. As far as I know this had not happened before during  several years of use.
Everything else seems to be working OK. But I have not tested all the recent features.
I will go try to send you my files...
Thanks for your great software !!
Marion,  K4GOK
The ADIF Import startup error is very likely due to the ADIF file path not being set in JTAlert. It probably shows the --in command-line parameter as --in="".

de Laurie VK3AMA

Marion D. Kitchens

Laurie

I obviously do not know how to send you my JTA files :-(  I'll try reading a bit.

Meanwhile a screen shot of the error message is shown below.

Every thing seems to be working OK  The error message comes up, and then JTA and WSJT run and seem to be working as normal.  The error message stays on screen behind the running software.

I have made 9 QSO in March.  I wonder how many of them show the wrong call sign?  All of the out going text showing in the WSJT screens shows the correct call sign.

On 24/03/2020 7:33 am, Marion D. Kitchens wrote:
Every thing seems to be working OK  The error message comes up, and then JTA and WSJT run and seem to be working as normal.  The error message stays on screen behind the running software.

I have made 9 QSO in March.  I wonder how many of them show the wrong call sign?  All of the out going text showing in the WSJT screens shows the correct call sign.

You haven't set the ADIF file path in JTAlert. The --in="" parameter in the above window is the clue.

Your QSOs will have logged with the correct Callsign provided you had it correctly set in WSJT-X. JTAlert will use the WSJT-X Callsign when logging a QSO independent of that set in JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Marion D. Kitchens

I created a new log file. That removed the start up error message. I
believe I also lost my existing log. I can live with that, but it would
be nice (for those I've worked) to be able to recover that log file.

Thanks for all your help Kind Sir.

Marion, K4GOK

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 07:27:36 +1100 "Laurie, VK3AMA"
<hamapps.support@...> writes:

[...]

Wow,  you are fast !!

Is it easy (for an old man with a 83 year old brain) to recover the log file I lost when making this  latest change?

Many thanks for your unending support Laurie

de Marion,  K4GOK

On 24/03/2020 7:46 am, Marion D. Kitchens wrote:
I created a new log file. That removed the start up error message. I
believe I also lost my existing log. I can live with that, but it would
be nice (for those I've worked) to be able to recover that log file.

Thanks for all your help Kind Sir.

Marion, K4GOK
What makes you think you lost your old log? All that was lost was the path in JTAlert. Provided you haven't been deleting files, you old adif log file will be still available somewhere. Unless when you created the New ADIF JTAlert warned that you were overwriting an existing file and you chose to continue than very likely that was your old log file being overwritten and would now be lost.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Marion D. Kitchens

Thanks Laurie. No files deleted or over written that I know about.
I'll go check.

I believe we have beaten this topic to death, so will bring it to an end.

For the record, you provide outstanding support along with excellent
software !!

73 for now.

Marion, K4GOK

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 07:55:06 +1100 "Laurie, VK3AMA"
<hamapps.support@...> writes:

[...]

Don Jones

K4GO is very definitely an FT8 op.

I'm on frequently.