Topics

locked Ver 2.15 Quarantined by Malwarebytes

Shel KF0UR

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I don't see it, so here it is again.  Sorry if it's a dupe.

I just upgraded from ver 2.13.10 to 2.15.   Malwarebytes running on my Win 10 laptop doesn't like 2.15 and quarantines it when I try to run it.   Running 2.13.10 is fine.

Has this been experienced by anyone else, and is there a fix, outside of getting rid of Malwarebytes?   I reverted back to 2.13 for now, but like to keep up with the latest releases.

Tnx,

Shel KF0UR

Michael Black

Create an exclusion for it.

You should exclude all your ham directories for programs and data.

These virus checkers and such are getting far too aggressive and impacting all sorts of things.

Exclude these at least
C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps
C:\WSJT
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\HamApps
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X (and any other configurations)

And your logger and it's database too.  In my case that's Log4OM so included these
C:\Program Files (x86)\IW3HMH
C:\AppData\Local\Roaming\LogOM

de Mike W9MDB

On Monday, November 4, 2019, 03:04:16 PM CST, Shel KF0UR <kf0ur@...> wrote:

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I don't see it, so here it is again.  Sorry if it's a dupe.

I just upgraded from ver 2.13.10 to 2.15.   Malwarebytes running on my Win 10 laptop doesn't like 2.15 and quarantines it when I try to run it.   Running 2.13.10 is fine.

Has this been experienced by anyone else, and is there a fix, outside of getting rid of Malwarebytes?   I reverted back to 2.13 for now, but like to keep up with the latest releases.

Tnx,

Shel KF0UR

Shel KF0UR

Tnx, Mike.

I had created an Exclusion, but just realized I specified it incorrectly.  Now that I fixed it, all is well.

73,

Shel KF0UR

Michael Ernst

I had the same issue.  I just went into the Malwarebytes settings and told it to exclude the folder where JTAlert was installed.

73,
Mike,  AE8U

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

I thought I posted this yesterday, but I don't see it, so here it is again.  Sorry if it's a dupe.

I just upgraded from ver 2.13.10 to 2.15.   Malwarebytes running on my Win 10 laptop doesn't like 2.15 and quarantines it when I try to run it.   Running 2.13.10 is fine.

Has this been experienced by anyone else, and is there a fix, outside of getting rid of Malwarebytes?   I reverted back to 2.13 for now, but like to keep up with the latest releases.

Tnx,

Shel KF0UR

Gilbert Baron

Best answer is to get rid of Malwarebytes and all other antimalware other than perhaps the built in Windows Defender. I am assuming you are running Windows. If not then ignore this post. Keepreliable secure backups. Preferably Image for fast full recovery. Keep 321. 3 Copies, 2 different media, 1 offsite. This is by far the best protection you can get. You can run Malwarebytes standalone from time to time if you wish. If it complains on something you know is safe you can ignore it. As an added bonus it lowers the load om your system.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

neil_zampella

While Defender is getting better, this is not great advice.

Microsoft Defender has its own issues.

Use what works for you, and keep it up to date.

Neil, KN3ILZ

m_scot_alex

I don't know why we bother, Gil, but I heartily second this approach. I use Acronis TrueImage to backup critical client PCs and rely on TrueImage's excellent malware/ransomware protection. I have seen several case-studies that show that TrueImage will stop a ransomware attack (which is my particular concern) in the very earliest stages and restore the handful of files that are encrypted. I think that it makes much more sense to spend the money that I would have otherwise spent on AV software that provide little-to-no additional benefit over Defender on a high-quality backup system which I need regardless. Add the file and browsing protection capabilities of the most recent versions of Win10 and Defender and we have a everything we would want from a third-party solution and then some...

73,

Mike - N8MSA

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 07:44 PM, Gilbert Baron wrote:

Best answer is to get rid of Malwarebytes and all other antimalware other than perhaps the built in Windows Defender. I am assuming you are running Windows. If not then ignore this post. Keepreliable secure backups. Preferably Image for fast full recovery. Keep 321. 3 Copies, 2 different media, 1 offsite. This is by far the best protection you can get. You can run Malwarebytes standalone from time to time if you wish. If it complains on something you know is safe you can ignore it. As an added bonus it lowers the load om your system.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

Bill M

I had the same issue with Malwarebytes and simply turned it off until it was installed, then turned it back on.
Bill W2CQ

Bob Elliot

--
73 Bob K1RI
Sent from my Rotary Phone

Jim Denneny

Yes, same issue but do not have Malwarebytes. I shutdown  AV app (Total AV) but still cannot install.  Did a workaround on a different pc.  Downloaded from second pc to  a usb stick.  I inserted stick in radio pc and got 2.15 installed.  That confirms my radio pc is the problem but unable to find the AV issue blocking download.  Never had this before 2.15.

73, Jim K7EG