locked VE Provinces wanted not updating with rebuild

Stephen Hughey

I know I have seen this mentioned before.  I have latest JTAlert as of today, N3FJP log (AC Log).  Seems to work fine with DXCC, WAS…

Any ideas?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/10/2021 12:38 pm, Stephen Hughey wrote:
I know I have seen this mentioned before.  I have latest JTAlert as of today, N3FJP log (AC Log).  Seems to work fine with DXCC, WAS…

Any ideas?

Does your ACLog contain the VE province data for your Canadian QSOs? If not, than JTAlert will never know and not flag provinces as no-longer-needed during the rebuild operation?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Stephen Hughey

Edited

Laurie,

Duh!  Not that I am aware.  I erroneously had thought this was in JTAlerts, so this should allow me to resolve this.  Thank you so much!

73,

Steve, AK4R

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/10/2021 11:10 pm, Stephen Hughey wrote:
Duh!  Not that I am aware.  I erroneously had thought this was in JTAlerts, so this should allow me to resolve this.  Thank you so much!

73,

Steve, AK4R

JTAlert uses your log and the confirmed status of QSOs recorded in the log to determine what alert entities (states, dxcc, provinces, grids, etc) are no longer needed when the rebuild is run.

JTAlert does automatically determine the Province of a decoded VE callsign based on the Callsigns database, this is for alerting purposes only. That database is not used when scanning the log to rebuild the alert database with your needed entities. Only what is recorded in the log is used for the rebuild. This is not new, it is how it has always operated. Your log is the Master.

de Laurie VK3AMA