VE Provinces for FT modes not rebuilding from DX Lab

Jon KM8V

It looks like with v 2.50.1, the alert database isn't properly rebuilding from DXLab for FT8/FT4 VE Provinces.

As an example, I have MB confirmed in my log, and I've tried rebuilding twice, and right now JT-Alert shows ALL provinces wanted for FT8 on all bands.

73 de KM8V

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 8/06/2021 6:15 am, Jon KM8V wrote:
It looks like with v 2.50.1, the alert database isn't properly rebuilding from DXLab for FT8/FT4 VE Provinces.

As an example, I have MB confirmed in my log, and I've tried rebuilding twice, and right now JT-Alert shows ALL provinces wanted for FT8 on all bands.

73 de KM8V

This is very unlikely to be a 2.50.1 specific defect as the code for rebuilding the Alert database has not changed for many months and JTAlert releases.

How is that "MB" qso confirmed in the log, is it by card, eqsl or lotw or a combination of all three? How have you setup the required confirmations under the "VE Province" section of the Rebuild? Most likely you have a very restrictive confirmation required, say Lotw only, and the QSO in the log is not confirmed via Lotw.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jon KM8V

The QSO is confirmed by LoTW, and the rebuild criteria is LoTW.

Jon KM8V

It actually looks like it only happens if I run the Wanted VE Province rebuild scan on its own:

If I run a Rebuild All, it seems to properly scan the log for VE Provinces:

Typically I run a full rebuild, but I've taken to doing individual rebuilds because for CQ Marathon, JT-Alert does not scan the Zone Risk or Country Risk fields from DX Lab, and so I have to go back in and set some High Risk log entries to Wanted manually.

73 de KM8V