v2.50.1 Second or third FT8 contact logged as FT8 with FT4 sub-mode. - DEFECT Confirmed

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

I can confirm this defect.

All 3 reporters of the problem have been sent new builds to try.

Unfortunately, I am unable to test HRD Logging my self, so will wait for feedback on whether this fix is working.

de Laurie VK3AMA

on5po

Laurie,

Résultats de traduction

correction made, thank you good job

ON5PO, Janny

All 3 reporters of the problem have been sent new builds to try.

Unfortunately, I am unable to test HRD Logging my self, so will wait for
feedback on whether this fix is working.

de Laurie VK3AMA

on5po

Laurie,
another problem, with the last jtalert version, the frécance in wsjtx in 60 meters is again on a red background

ON5PO,

All 3 reporters of the problem have been sent new builds to try.

Unfortunately, I am unable to test HRD Logging my self, so will wait for
feedback on whether this fix is working.

de Laurie VK3AMA

on5po

sorry, this only happens in position ft4, in ft8 it is on a black background

ON5PO,Janny

another problem, with the last jtalert version, the frécance in wsjtx in 60 meters is again on a red background

ON5PO,

All 3 reporters of the problem have been sent new builds to try.

Unfortunately, I am unable to test HRD Logging my self, so will wait for
feedback on whether this fix is working.

This isn't a JTAlert problem.

It means you haven't added 5357/FT4 to your allowed frequency list in WJST-X.

File/Settings/Frequencies

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, May 2, 2021, 03:33:43 AM CDT, on5po <on5po@...> wrote:

sorry, this only happens in position ft4, in ft8 it is on a black background

ON5PO,Janny

another problem, with the last jtalert version, the frécance in wsjtx in 60 meters is again on a red background

ON5PO,

All 3 reporters of the problem have been sent new builds to try.

Unfortunately, I am unable to test HRD Logging my self, so will wait for
feedback on whether this fix is working.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe Subich, W4TV

This is a WSJTX issue *not* a JTAlert issue. It is related to the
frequencies stored in WSJTX (Settings -> Frequeecies)

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-02 4:33 AM, on5po wrote:
sorry, this only happens in position ft4, in ft8 it is on a black background
[cid:995e297e-63b2-4553-9581-47c9957e1b6b]
ON5PO,Janny
________________________________
[cid:12140c59-08ab-48a9-a470-aab7774904ca]
Laurie,
Résultats de traduction
correction made, thank you good job
ON5PO, Janny
________________________________
All 3 reporters of the problem have been sent new builds to try.
Unfortunately, I am unable to test HRD Logging my self, so will wait for
feedback on whether this fix is working.
de Laurie VK3AMA

WarrenG KC0GU

Laurie,

I ran FT4 yesterday with not logging issues.  I use HRDLogbook with the MariaSQL database.

Warren KC0GU

Jacques Corbu

Hello

Ran FT8 this afternoon and  it got logged as FT8 with FT4 submode after a few contacts  cannot say how many . Ic7300  HRD logbook on SQL  and V2.5 JTAlert

WSJTX frequencies are correct etc  not doubt will be resolved shortly as defect is confirmed Cheers F1VEV Jacques

on5po

Voici la solution, qui a été donnée précédemment, et qui fonctionne

ON5PO,

Ran FT8 this afternoon and  it got logged as FT8 with FT4 submode after a few contacts  cannot say how many . Ic7300  HRD logbook on SQL  and V2.5 JTAlert

WSJTX frequencies are correct etc  not doubt will be resolved shortly as defect is confirmed Cheers F1VEV Jacques

Gary - AC6EG

Laurie
Using JTAlert v2.50.1 with WSJT-X v2.4.0-rc4 to log to HRD v6.7.0.357 with MS Access database.
Just logged a dozen FT8 QSO's without any sub-mode.  I was unable to reproduce this FT4 sub-mode error.

Gary - AC6EG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 6/05/2021 11:03 am, Gary - AC6EG wrote:
Using JTAlert v2.50.1 with WSJT-X v2.4.0-rc4 to log to HRD v6.7.0.357 with MS Access database.
Just logged a dozen FT8 QSO's without any sub-mode.  I was unable to reproduce this FT4 sub-mode error.

Gary - AC6EG

Tnx Gary, good to hear.

The problem only surfaces when there has been previous FT4 logging resulting in old SubMode=FT4 data hanging around in JTAlert. I produced a new beta build that corrects the behavior. Several affected users reported the Beta corrected the problem for them. If you need access to this Beta let me know.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michael

Hi All

I can reproduce the eeror by just switching to Mode FT4 and then back to Mode FT8 as sson as JTAlert has reconized that mode has been changed. And that's in both JTDX and WSJT-x. After doing that switch of mode the next QSO will be logged with FT4 as submode.

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

On 7/05/2021 2:26 am, Michael wrote:

I can reproduce the eeror by just switching to Mode FT4 and then back to Mode FT8 as sson as JTAlert has reconized that mode has been changed. And that's in both JTDX and WSJT-x. After doing that switch of mode the next QSO will be logged with FT4 as submode.

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Tnx Michael,

I have a new Beta release of JTAlert that corrects this problem.

Please try and let me know if this defect is now fixed. I am unable to test HRD logging so need reports back from users who can test.

64bit (x64)  https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.50.1.build.0001.Beta.Install.X64.exe
32bit (x86)  https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.50.1.build.0001.Beta.Install.X86.exe

I assume the circled item should be "Remove from Wanted list" ?

Mike W9MDB
Inline image

On 7/05/2021 11:33 pm, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I assume the circled item should be "Remove from Wanted list" ?

Mike W9MDB

Tnx. Previously reported by Jim ADIC https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/34770

It's a cosmetic only issue, the backing property is correct.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michael

Hi Laurie

I was testing the 64bit Beta version yesterday with JTDX and so far no errors. I'll be testing the same version today with WSJT-X.

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Den 06-05-2021 kl. 22:29 skrev HamApps Support (VK3AMA):

On 7/05/2021 2:26 am, Michael wrote:

I can reproduce the eeror by just switching to Mode FT4 and then back to Mode FT8 as sson as JTAlert has reconized that mode has been changed. And that's in both JTDX and WSJT-x. After doing that switch of mode the next QSO will be logged with FT4 as submode.

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Tnx Michael,

I have a new Beta release of JTAlert that corrects this problem.

Please try and let me know if this defect is now fixed. I am unable to test HRD logging so need reports back from users who can test.

64bit (x64)  https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.50.1.build.0001.Beta.Install.X64.exe
32bit (x86)  https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.50.1.build.0001.Beta.Install.X86.exe

de Laurie VK3AMA

Michael

Hi Laurie

I have tested the 64bit (x64) Beta release with JTDX the day before yesterday and with WSJT-X yesterday And sofar there aint no FT8 QSO's logged with FT4 Submode. I have have tried many funny thing to provoke the error but no luck. So it looks like it works as it should.

 73 de Michael 5p1kzx/oz1kzx

Den 06-05-2021 kl. 22:29 skrev HamApps Support (VK3AMA):

On 7/05/2021 2:26 am, Michael wrote:

I can reproduce the eeror by just switching to Mode FT4 and then back to Mode FT8 as sson as JTAlert has reconized that mode has been changed. And that's in both JTDX and WSJT-x. After doing that switch of mode the next QSO will be logged with FT4 as submode.

73 de Michael 5p1kzx

Tnx Michael,

I have a new Beta release of JTAlert that corrects this problem.

Please try and let me know if this defect is now fixed. I am unable to test HRD logging so need reports back from users who can test.

64bit (x64)  https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.50.1.build.0001.Beta.Install.X64.exe
32bit (x86)  https://dnl.HamApps.com/Beta/JTAlert.2.50.1.build.0001.Beta.Install.X86.exe

de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 9/05/2021 4:31 pm, Michael wrote:

I have tested the 64bit (x64) Beta release with JTDX the day before yesterday and with WSJT-X yesterday And sofar there aint no FT8 QSO's logged with FT4 Submode. I have have tried many funny thing to provoke the error but no luck. So it looks like it works as it should.

 73 de Michael 5p1kzx/oz1kzx
Tnx Michael for the testing.

Please continue to use the beta build until a new public release is made (which will likely be in 3 to 4 weeks time).

de Laurie VK3AMA

Mike G0LQI

Hi Laurie,
I have been testing the May 2nd beta with HRD6 for several days now and have had no instances of FT4 sub-group logging. Previously I was getting one instance every seven QSOs on average. Thanks for all your work.
73 Mike G0LQI

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/05/2021 7:49 pm, Mike G0LQI via groups.io wrote:
Hi Laurie,
I have been testing the May 2nd beta with HRD6 for several days now and have had no instances of FT4 sub-group logging. Previously I was getting one instance every seven QSOs on average. Thanks for all your work.
73 Mike G0LQI

Tnx Mike. Stay with the Beta until the next public release. The Beta is good until 6-July-2021 after which it will cease functioning. I expect the next public release to be in 3 to 4 weeks time.

de Laurie VK3AMA