V2.505 and worked B4

Jacques F1VEV

Hello,

I have noticed recently a lot of worked B4 call signs showing up in the call sign window if I double click then call sign comes up in main window  as QSO B4 ?

I have tried rebuilding data base  choosing ignore based on log entry and also older then etc ; but noting they still show up ?

Using WSJTX 2.4.0 JTAlert 2.50.5 HRD logbook 6.7.0.357 on SQL  on W10 Pro   ( JTA logs direct to HRD)
I have tried all suggestion I have read about to no avail I must be blind to something obvious  pointer will be welcomed
Thank you Jacques
F1VEV

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/09/2021 5:15 pm, Jacques F1VEV wrote:
I have noticed recently a lot of worked B4 call signs showing up in the call sign window if I double click then call sign comes up in main window  as QSO B4 ?

I have tried rebuilding data base  choosing ignore based on log entry and also older then etc ; but noting they still show up ?

Using WSJTX 2.4.0 JTAlert 2.50.5 HRD logbook 6.7.0.357 on SQL  on W10 Pro   ( JTA logs direct to HRD)
I have tried all suggestion I have read about to no avail I must be blind to something obvious  pointer will be welcomed
Thank you Jacques
F1VEV

Firstly, The Alert Database rebuild does not affect the B4 status.

If a Callsign is not showing a B4 when decoded but does when that Callsign becomes the DXCall in WSJTX that will be due to the Worked B4 settings in JTAlert, especially if you have a date threshold set for the B4 or the B4 is ignored for some Alerts.

The "QSO B4" shown in the main JTAlert window when you're in QSO with the Callsign indicates that is an existing QSO in your log for the current Band & Mode. That "QSO B4" status is a log status, not an Alert status, and is independent of the B4 reporting of the live decodes.

What settings do you have set under the  "Alerts -> Worked B4" section of the Settings widow?

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jacques F1VEV

Edited

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 01:21 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
 This is what I tried last as I would have thought it was the most restrictive  but some still show  despite last QSO was over 18 months ago  Cheers  Jacques
--
F1VEV

edit the callsign window is on all decode should it be on alerts only

Bob Frostholm

Hi Laurie,

I too have noticed occasionally that stations I have worked before show up an unworked... but only briefly... maybe for a few decode cycles (less than 10). Most recently, last evening with V31MA.

Yes, the rig frequency is set in WSJT-x V2.5.0 rc5

Here are my settings:

73

Bob

Ko6Lu

[...]

Hello  Hi Bob V31MA is also one of my recuring callsigns despite having worked all bands etc  yet my issue concerns at least 50% of ALL calls that are Worked B4  show up as wanted  so something is amiss in my system .

 did a quick roll back to 2.50.4 this morning  and all seems ok  for now  still testing   WEIRD   edited   NO still getting WB4 showing up

Thanks Jacques F1VEV

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/09/2021 6:28 pm, Jacques F1VEV wrote:
 This is what I tried last as I would have thought it was the most restrictive  but some still show  despite last QSO was over 18 months ago  Cheers  Jacques
--
F1VEV

Based on your settings, an 18 month old QSO in your log will not be flagged as B4 because you have the "6 months" age setting enabled for the "Ignore QSOs based on log entry date". By setting an ignore date as you have, any callsign decoded that was previously logged more than 6 months in the past will not show the B4 in the Callsigns window and will generate alerts.

If you don't want old QSO being ignored for the B4 testing, don't use the "Ignore QSOs based on log entry date", un-tick the checkbox.

On 8/09/2021 3:50 pm, Jacques F1VEV wrote:
Hello  Hi Bob V31MA is also one of my recuring callsigns despite having worked all bands etc  yet my issue concerns at least 50% of ALL calls that are Worked B4  show up as wanted  so something is amiss in my system .

 did a quick roll back to 2.50.4 this morning  and all seems ok  for now  still testing   WEIRD

Thanks Jacques F1VEV

Rolling back JTAlert to 2.50.4 changed the B4 Alerting behavior, it does not have the extended B4 Date ignore options introduced in 2.50.5. From the 2.50.5 release notes...
    - Worked B4 Alert: Ignoreing the B4 status based on the age of QSOs in the Log.
       Selectable in Monthly increments, 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 12, 24 and 36 Months. The age
       is determinined by the utc Date when the current JTAlert session is started.
       See the Alerts -> Worked B4 section of the main JTAlert window Settings.

Your previous messages indicated that you had the 6 month age option selected which would cause ALL QSOs in your log older than 6 months to not be used for B4 checks and subsequent Alerting. That is why you are seeing Callsigns worked over 6 months ago not being shown as B4s.

See my message here... https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/37105

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jacques F1VEV

Thank Laurie will try other set up when I return back home in VE2  for next few months Cheers
--
F1VEV

Craig

Laurie - I continue to struggle with getting B4 to behave accurately.  For example, I called VK6EI this evening on 30M FT8 based on JTAlert showing not worked before. When completed and logged with DXLab DXKeeper, my log is showing that I have worked this station 5 times in 2021 on 30M FT8.  My JTAlert B4 settings are ALL unchecked.  Can you provide me with some guidance on this regularly occurring issue.  I am using V2.50.5  Thank you.