locked v2.16.7 No Sound - Realtec - Windows 10 - WSJT-X v2.2.1

John

Laurie,

You misunderstood me. I run two totally separate setups. Two radios+antennas and each has it's own computer, one using Win10 Home and the other using Win10 Pro. I only have one session of JTAlert running on each PC and I get the same problem on each.
here is the? shot of the Volume mixer I get on each PC

g4wjs

On 17/06/2020 14:18, John wrote:
Laurie,

You misunderstood me. I run two totally separate setups. Two radios+antennas and each has it's own computer, one using Win10 Home and the other using Win10 Pro. I only have one session of JTAlert running on each PC and I get the same problem on each.
here is the? shot of the Volume mixer I get on each PC
John,

the JTAlert mixer slider in the Windows Volume Mixerwill only show while sound is being played. Does it appear when you use the JTAlert sound test facility, and what level is it at?

Bill
G4WJS.

John

Laurie,

Here's what I get on both computers

JTAlert Instance????? : #1
JTAlert Start Params? : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title?? : WSJT-X?? v2.2.1?? by K1JT, G4WJS, and K9AN
WSJT-X Command Line?? : C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe
WSJT-X?? --rig-name?? :
WSJT-X Config File??? : C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version??????? : 2.2.1
WSJT-X Revision?????? : a17eb9
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode?? : None
WSJT-X UDP ID???????? : WSJT-X
WSJT-X UDP Port?????? : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server???? : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema : 3

================================
UDP Ports used
--------------------------------
JTAlert_AL.exe??????? : 61810
JTAlertV2.Manager.exe : 63430
JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe :

================================
JTAlertV2.Manager status
(2020-06-17 13:14:21 utc)
-----------------------------------
Audio????????? : Initialized : YES
BandData?????? : Initialized : YES
HamSpots?????? : Initialized : YES
Text Msgs????? : Initialized : YES
QRZ Xml??????? : Initialized : YES
HamQth Xml???? : Initialized : YES
QRZ Log??????? : Initialized : YES
HamQth Log???? : Initialized : YES
ClubLog Log??? : Initialized : YES
Eqsl Log?????? : Initialized : YES
HrdLog Log???? : Initialized : YES
DXLab DDE????? : Initialized : YES
User Alert???? : Initialized : YES
Updates Chk??? : Initialized : YES
Maintenance??? : Initialized : YES

John

I assume it does work through the other Speakers device?

JTAlert Manager wasn't showing up on my mixer for my headset until I switched the sound device to another device and back again.
Mine is not RealTec.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:22:22 AM CDT, John <k4ag@...> wrote:

Laurie,

You misunderstood me. I run two totally separate setups. Two radios+antennas and each has it's own computer, one using Win10 Home and the other using Win10 Pro. I only have one session of JTAlert running on each PC and I get the same problem on each.
here is the? shot of the Volume mixer I get on each PC

John

Me too, but I have it running on two different computers

John

On 6/17/2020 3:06 AM, Kyle K7KE wrote:
Sorry, I only run one instance.
--
--Kyle--?? K7KE

--
John Mc Hugh, K4AG
Coordinator for Amateur Radio

That would explain why it didn't show on mine until I switched audio devices and played a test sound.

I guess that's because the mixer doesn't know the app is running until it plays a sound.
Maybe Laurie could add a startup null play to enable the mixer entry.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 08:30:37 AM CDT, g4wjs <bill.8@...> wrote:

On 17/06/2020 14:18, John wrote:
> Laurie,
>
> You misunderstood me. I run two totally separate setups. Two
> radios+antennas and each has it's own computer, one using Win10 Home
> and the other using Win10 Pro. I only have one session of JTAlert
> running on each PC and I get the same problem on each.
> here is the? shot of the Volume mixer I get on each PC

John,

the JTAlert mixer slider in the Windows Volume Mixerwill only show while
sound is being played. Does it appear when you use the JTAlert sound
test facility, and what level is it at?

Bill
G4WJS.

John

So do I. I run two separate setups. Each radio+antenna has it's own PC, one Win10 home and the other Win10 Pro. same problem on each one

John

On 6/17/2020 3:06 AM, Kyle K7KE wrote:
Sorry, I only run one instance.
--
--Kyle--  K7KE
_._,_._,_

John

Bill, I have found a way to get the JTAlert to show up on the volume mixer. But I thought it would say JTAlertV2.manager

It will happen after I make a QSO and log it (in Log4OM.V!)

BUT, I still don't hear any alerts or the test sound

John

Joe Subich, W4TV

I thought it would say JTAlertV2.manager
It should.

It will happen after I make a QSO and log it (in Log4OM.V!)
If you're seeing JTAlert instead of JTAlertV2.manager, the sound is
probably an error sound (Windows Error). Acts like you do not have
JTAlert configured correctly for the proper sound card. Go to Settings
-> Manage Settings -> Sound Card. Select any sound card *except* your
Realtek [Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)] then go back and
select Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio). Set the Volume in
"Test Sound Card" at around 50% and click "Test Play".

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-06-17 11:17 AM, John wrote:
Bill, I have found a way to get the JTAlert to show up on the volume mixer. But
I thought it would say JTAlertV2.manager
It will happen after I make a QSO and log it (in Log4OM.V!)
BUT, I still don't hear any alerts or the test sound
John

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/06/2020 11:25 pm, John wrote:
Laurie,

Here's what I get on both computers

JTAlert Instance????? : #1

JTAlertV2.Manager status
(2020-06-17 13:14:21 utc)
-----------------------------------
Audio????????? : Initialized : YES

John

John,

OK, the non-initialized Audio module is not the problem.

Lets focus on one PC only now that I know it is not a multiple instance issue.

Choose one of your PCs, Run JTAlert as normal. All the following tests can be performed from the Sound menu, there is no need to open the Settings window.
  • Wait for 30 seconds after JTAlert startup then check the list of sound devices under the "Sound -> Select Output Device" menu, they should all be listed normally without any 32 character truncation of the device name.

  • Use the "Test Sound Output" menu 3 times, if there is no sound played, temporarily choose a different device (it doesn't need to produce sound) and repeat the "Test Sound Output" 3 times. Now switch back to the correct device and again perform the test 3 times. Does the sound now play?

  • If there is still no sound played after going through the test play -> switch device -> test play -> switch device back to original -> test play sequence use the "Help" (or "? ") -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

On 17/06/2020 11:36 pm, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Maybe Laurie could add a startup null play to enable the mixer entry.

Mike W9MDB

Sorry Mike, that is not going to happen.

I went down that path in the past when I implemented a form of sound stay-alive, periodically playing a zero-volume wav file in order to stop sound-devices going to sleep. The end result was numerous complaints of VOX triggered Rigs going to TX every few seconds because the user sound-devices got re-ordered by Windows and the JTAlert sound device was now the Windows default and the users had WSJT-X set to use the default device rather than a named device.

The Keep-Alive was initially introduced because of my Nvidia HDMI device going into a power-save mode after 5 secs of inactivity. This caused the first part of a new sound to be lost as the device came out of sleep. The Nvidia driver doesn't provide any user access to this power-saving mechanism so it can't be turned off or length adjusted except through direct Registry changes which seem to get reset after a few days. Ultimately I solved my Nvidia problem by using the Microsoft High-Definition audio driver, replacing the Nvidia driver.

On 18/06/2020 1:17 am, John wrote:
It will happen after I make a QSO and log it (in Log4OM.V!)

That is a system generate sound initiated by JTAlert itself and sent to your Windows default device. All Alert sounds are generated by the JTAlertV2.Manager process which is not appearing in Mixer and that is the problem.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John

Hi Joe,

Thanks, I I tried all of that with no sucess

73
John

> I thought it would say JTAlertV2.manager

It should.

> It will happen after I make a QSO and log it (in Log4OM.V!)

If you're seeing JTAlert instead of JTAlertV2.manager, the sound is
probably an error sound (Windows Error).  Acts like you do not have
JTAlert configured correctly for the proper sound card.  Go to Settings
-> Manage Settings -> Sound Card.  Select any sound card *except* your
Realtek [Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)] then go back and
select Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio).  Set the Volume in
"Test Sound Card" at around 50% and click "Test Play".

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

John

Laurie,

Just loaded 2.16.8 into both computers and now the sound seems to be working as it should
Thank you so much for such a great program. JTAlert and WSJT-X are a good combination and make amateur radio more enjoyable during this very low propagation period
73,
John,
--
John Mc Hugh, K4AG
Coordinator for Amateur Radio
National Hurricane Center, WX4NHC
Home page:- http://www.wx4nhc.org

John

Hi Joe,

Tried that and still no alert sounds and no JTAlertV2.manager in the sounder screen
73

John