locked USB Port Shortage

Jim Denneny

Hi.  I have a WinKeyer USB.  I have run out of USB ports on my PC.  In fact WinKeyer USB shares a comport with DXL Suites WinWarbler app.  I need to eliminate the conflict.  I have a 4 port Edgeport device with two DB9 ports available.  I cannot find a convertor that will enable me to use the keyer with a DB9 connection.

I am tempted to purchase the original WinKeyer as it has a DB9 interface.  Is it available assembled?  I am open to any suggestion to get my usb keyer off my pc usb port.

73, Jim K7EG

AB8WD-Willie

My 2 cents you can buy cards and usb hubs not sure where this is going

neil_zampella

OM .. I think you posted in the wrong group ... this is the JTAlert support group.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 06:29 PM, Jim Denneny wrote:

Hi.  I have a WinKeyer USB.  I have run out of USB ports on my PC.  In fact WinKeyer USB shares a comport with DXL Suites WinWarbler app.  I need to eliminate the conflict.  I have a 4 port Edgeport device with two DB9 ports available.  I cannot find a convertor that will enable me to use the keyer with a DB9 connection.

I am tempted to purchase the original WinKeyer as it has a DB9 interface.  Is it available assembled?  I am open to any suggestion to get my usb keyer off my pc usb port.

73, Jim K7EG

David De Coons

Wrong group but my two cents, get a powered USB 2.0 hub.

Dave wo2x

On May 21, 2021, at 7:57 PM, neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

OM .. I think you posted in the wrong group ... this is the JTAlert support group.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 06:29 PM, Jim Denneny wrote:

Hi.  I have a WinKeyer USB.  I have run out of USB ports on my PC.  In fact WinKeyer USB shares a comport with DXL Suites WinWarbler app.  I need to eliminate the conflict.  I have a 4 port Edgeport device with two DB9 ports available.  I cannot find a convertor that will enable me to use the keyer with a DB9 connection.

I am tempted to purchase the original WinKeyer as it has a DB9 interface.  Is it available assembled?  I am open to any suggestion to get my usb keyer off my pc usb port.

73, Jim K7EG

Jim Denneny

You are right.  This belongs on K1EL Group.  I don't know what happened to cause this.  My error

Jim Denneny

Sent in error to wrong group.  Please ignore

Mike Anderson

you can buy 8i or 10 port powered hubs for about $20 bucks  Walmart, best buy  etc etc.  You will need a powered port though.