locked Updated WSJT-X and JTAlert - now JTalert doesn't show calls

Duane Calvin

I've gotten a few releases behind, so this afternoon I installed the current WSJT-X (2.5.1) and JTAlert (2.50.7).  JTAlert no longer displays the 4 lines of decoded calls - the window top header is there, but no window below it.  Worse, the decodes window shows nothing either.  I can't find the selection for how many lines of calls I want to see - I remember that from the earlier version (don't recall, but probably a year old now at least).  Any tips or places to look would be greatly appreciated.  I've been through all the settings a number of times as well as the "View" options. 

Thanks and 73,
    Duane  AC5AA

Dave LeDuc

Duane,

Sounds like the same problems I am having. I was reticent to upgrade. Hope one of the gurus can help us out.

Dave N1IX

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Duane Calvin
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2021 4:12 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Updated WSJT-X and JTAlert - now JTalert doesn't show calls

I've gotten a few releases behind, so this afternoon I installed the current WSJT-X (2.5.1) and JTAlert (2.50.7).  JTAlert no longer displays the 4 lines of decoded calls - the window top header is there, but no window below it.  Worse, the decodes window shows nothing either.  I can't find the selection for how many lines of calls I want to see - I remember that from the earlier version (don't recall, but probably a year old now at least).  Any tips or places to look would be greatly appreciated.  I've been through all the settings a number of times as well as the "View" options. 

Thanks and 73,
    Duane  AC5AA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 31/10/2021 7:12 am, Duane Calvin wrote:

Thanks and 73,
    Duane  AC5AA

The callsign display grid no longer exists. It has been replaced with the standalone "Callsigns" window, introduced with version 2.50.0

I suggest reviewing the 2.50.0 release notes.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Joe Subich, W4TV

1) There have been significant changes to JTAlert ... the "four lines of
decoded callsigns" has been moved to a new "Callsigns" window
2) JTAlert now requires the *DESKTOP* version of dotNET 5.0
3) JTAlert and WSJTX generally work better with *MULTICAST* UDP
addresses.

See the "WSJT-X UDP Setup", "Open JTAlert 2.50 features Help File"
and "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" topics in JTAlert -> Help

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-10-30 4:12 PM, Duane Calvin wrote:
Thanks and 73,
Duane  AC5AA

Larry Banks

Dave & Duane,

You need to read the release notes.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

On 10/30/2021 16:30, Dave LeDuc wrote:

Duane,

Sounds like the same problems I am having. I was reticent to upgrade. Hope one of the gurus can help us out.

Dave N1IX

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Duane Calvin

Thanks and 73,
    Duane  AC5AA

Dave LeDuc

I downloaded NET 5.0 Desktop Runtime (v5.0.11) It works now.

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave LeDuc
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2021 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Updated WSJT-X and JTAlert - now JTalert doesn't show calls

Duane,

Dave N1IX

Thanks and 73,
    Duane  AC5AA

Duane Calvin

Thanks, Laurie, I did read the release notes, however I didn't go back through the string of all the previous release notes (assuming they are there.)  I did install the correct version of .NET 5.  Looks like I have a lot of research to do to get things back to working again.  Thanks for the quick response.
    73, Duane

Duane Calvin

Thanks for the very useful response, Joe.  Appreciated.
   73, Duane

W8BBX John

Duane,
I had a similar problem.

You could search on " w8bbx john" and go to  the first item, then choose View All Messages In Topic and starting about 1/2 way down.

They are #37592, 37593, 37594, 37596

I changed WSJT reporting to 127 AND checked the boxes.

JTAlert Main Window Settings Menu ... top item. Check it.
No I had not checked Settings/WSJT-X UDP Multicast on Loopback

I don't know how to find a post by the item number.

W8BBX John

Duane Calvin

Tnx especially to Joe & John - I found the error, and returned to 127 for my setup and all is working well now.  After a bit of "getting used to" the new format of information display, I like it a lot.  Thanks to Laurie!
    73, Duane