locked "UPDATE!" - STILL NEEDING HELP (SEE SCREENSHOT IN MESSAGE BODY TO SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING)

Cliff Fox (KU4GW)

Well, I never was able to get the latest JT Alert to work. I completely uninstalled WSJT-X and JT Alert and used a program called IoBit Uninstaller 11.4 Pro to remove all leftover remnants, registry entries, configuration files, log files, etc and
then I reinstalled the old version 2.4.0-win 64 I had been using and I installed HamApps.Sounds.2.5.3.(en-US) I had been using successfully, but now I'm getting the same Audio & Visual Alerts has stopped responding error I started getting
after installing the newest release of JT Alert about 3 weeks ago. "I give up!" I'm just going to use WSJT-X as a stand alone program because frankly, I'm sick and tired of messing with it and every thing I've tried including suggestions by Laurie, VK3AMA, have not helped at all.

Very 73 de Cliff, KU4GW

chas cartmel

Have you reset the audio files for each alert in JTalert?
have you got audio output to the speakers specifically rather than any default target?
You don’t show if JTAlert is showing the calls but only the WSJT screens, so is the information being sent across?

Maybe you have done all this but no harm asking.

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there

Well, I never was able to get the latest JT Alert to work. I completely uninstalled WSJT-X and JT Alert and used a program called IoBit Uninstaller 11.4 Pro to remove all leftover remnants, registry entries, configuration files, log files, etc and
then I reinstalled the old version 2.4.0-win 64 I had been using and I installed HamApps.Sounds.2.5.3.(en-US) I had been using successfully, but now I'm getting the same Audio & Visual Alerts has stopped responding error I started getting
after installing the newest release of JT Alert about 3 weeks ago. "I give up!" I'm just going to use WSJT-X as a stand alone program because frankly, I'm sick and tired of messing with it and every thing I've tried including suggestions by Laurie, VK3AMA, have not helped at all.

Very 73 de Cliff, KU4GW

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 12/05/2022 1:47 am, Cliff Fox (KU4GW) wrote:
Well, I never was able to get the latest JT Alert to work. I completely uninstalled WSJT-X and JT Alert and used a program called IoBit Uninstaller 11.4 Pro to remove all leftover remnants, registry entries, configuration files, log files, etc and
then I reinstalled the old version 2.4.0-win 64 I had been using and I installed HamApps.Sounds.2.5.3.(en-US) I had been using successfully, but now I'm getting the same Audio & Visual Alerts has stopped responding error I started getting
after installing the newest release of JT Alert about 3 weeks ago. "I give up!" I'm just going to use WSJT-X as a stand alone program because frankly, I'm sick and tired of messing with it and every thing I've tried including suggestions by Laurie, VK3AMA, have not helped at all.

You never replied to my post here https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/39941

Did JTAlert still hang if you had WSJTX monitor turned off when JTAlert was first started?

Since you removed all traces of JTAlert, reinstalled and the problem persists indicates that something external to JTAlert is the cause. Per the above message did you update HRD to use MariaDB for its logs rather than the troublesome MSAccess logs? HRD published instructions were included in the above message.

de Laurie VK3AMA

WB8ASI Herb

Cliff.  You sound very frustrated, but it works.  You have something messing things up on your end,.  Please explain in detail and you can get help.  73, Herb WB8ASI

Cliff Fox (KU4GW)

I did reply Laurie, see https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/39951 Anyway, Mike, W9MDB, has reached out to me and is going to try to solve the issue later today via the Anydesk program that will allow him to navigate my computer. He said he's got a good batting average in resolving the issue so going to try that next.

73, Cliff, KU4GW