Update Help

George Pappayliou

Hello All

I have been running JTAlertx version 2.16.17 which has been operating flawless with WSJT and ACLog.

I recently tried to update to 2.50.1 without success.

I first installed .NET 5 on my windows NUC. I confirmed via the CMD prompt that 5.0.7 had been installed. I then installed 2.50.1 but it simply will not communicate with WSJT. After a couple minutes I get a UDP error and have tried the troubleshooting from Help without success. I cannot copy the data from Help>Info because clicking on that does not bring up the info sub-window as it did in version 2.16.17. I have not changed the UDP settings from what they were under 2.16.17–as I recall: 127.0.0.1 and port 2237. Also testing the sound card produced no sound.

I have rolled-back to 2.16.17 which continues to work fine.

I suspect there is a problem with .NET 5 Desktop Runtime but I don’t know what it is and have installed it multiple times.

Any suggestions gratefully received. If possible a direct email (w3gp@arrl.net) would be great in case I miss the post here.

73 George W3GP
George S. Pappayliou

Tom Melvin

See message posted yesterday - version 2.50.2 has the solution - issue with MS upgrade

Tom
GM8MJV