Topics

Unexpected announcement

John Holmes W9ILY

I was quite surprised and pleased when I heard an audio announcement for a new state for my WAS. When I looked at the JTAlert decode listing, it was full of calls as the band was very busy and my "new state" callsign was actually below those that were displayed on the four decode lines and was off the screen. I think it is great that the audio announcement data reads all of the decodes, not just the ones that are displayed. Everything appears in the decodes window, of course. This is another reason to keep the decodes window open.Thanks, Laurie.
73,
John W9ILY

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/11/2020 5:39 am, John Holmes W9ILY wrote:
I was quite surprised and pleased when I heard an audio announcement for a new state for my WAS. When I looked at the JTAlert decode listing, it was full of calls as the band was very busy and my "new state" callsign was actually below those that were displayed on the four decode lines and was off the screen. I think it is great that the audio announcement data reads all of the decodes, not just the ones that are displayed. Everything appears in the decodes window, of course. This is another reason to keep the decodes window open.Thanks, Laurie.
73,
John W9ILY
Good stuff.

BTW, you can have the main JTAlert window set to no display lines and decodes will continue to be displayed in the Decodes Window and Alerts will still be generated. That is how I run JTAlert here.

de Laurie VK3AMA