Topics

locked Unable to communicate with the JTDX process/UDP Issue

Greg Clark

Did an upgrade today to .14 - got the error below....went back to .13 - same error.  No clue as to what has changed as this has been working for months.  Any idea as to where I may have gone wrong??
Thanks
Greg
K9IG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/10/2020 5:02 am, Greg Clark wrote:
Did an upgrade today to .14 - got the error below....went back to .13 - same error.  No clue as to what has changed as this has been working for months.  Any idea as to where I may have gone wrong??
Thanks
Greg
K9IG

A fundamental problem. You have JTDX set to send UDP data to the Server listening on port 2333 (a unusual choice of value BTW) and that is the port JTAlert will listen to for the JTDX data (JTAlert is the Server). All good so far, but then you have JTAlert set to resend the incoming UDP data to port 2333 so you have JTAlert set to resend back to itself in a loop.

Turn off the "Resend WSJT-X UDP ..." option in JTAlert.
I also recommend you switch JTDX to using a multicast UDP address for the UDP Server. 239.255.0.0 is what I use and recommend.

de Laurie VK3AMA