Topics

locked Unable to communicate with JTDX process #FT8

Bob Davet

I'm getting the above error. This is for my dad's set up. Mine has been up and running for a couple years now.

Got JTDX loaded and setup using the same settings as on my computer.
Got JTAlert loaded and setup using the same setting as on my computer.

When I load both programs this comes up right in the beginning:

"Unable to communicate with the JTDX process.
UDP Port: 2237
IP address: 127.0.0.1
Values read from JTDX config file...
C:\Users\My dads name\AppData\Local\JTDX\JTDX.ini

JTDX Detected Instance...
Process Window Title: JTDX by HF community  v2.1.0-rc145, derivative work
based on WSJT-X by K1JT
Process Command Line c:\JTDX\JTDX\bin\jtdx.exe

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected."

I did not have this problem setting my system up way back when I did it.
I'm sure it is some simple setting, but have no idea where to start looking.

JTDX connects to everything, It receives and transmits like it should.

Is this a JTDX issue or a JTAlert issue, or both?

Just dont know where to start.

Thanks

Bob
W8RID

Bob Davet

Forgot to mention that we both are using HRD for rig control and logging.

Thanks

Bob
W8RID

neil_zampella

Edited

Are you using any specific antivirus or firewall program?

Neil, KN3ILZ

Bob Davet

I believe my dad is using McAffee.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 8/01/2020 9:42 am, Bob Davet wrote:
[...]

Check that you have JTDX setup correctly, specifically the UDP Server section on the Reporting tab of the JTDX settings. Make sure that you are not running JTDX with elevated privileges (set to run as Administrator) on the non-working PC. Check both the shortcut used to start JTDX and the jtdx.exe file itself to ensure they are not set to run as administrator.

de Laurie VK3AMA