locked Unable to communicate

Eric Sutherland

Subject: Unable to communicate

I know you have seen this before but I have not found anything with the HRD 5 configuration So I do not know if it is related to that.

JT Alert 2.50.2

WSJT-X 2.4.0

HRD Logbook 5.24.0.38

Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.

  UDP Port : 2237

  IP Address : 127.0.0.1

  Values read from WSJT-X config file...

    C:\Users\papa_eric\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini

WSJT-X Detected Instance...

  Process Window Title : WSJT-X   v2.4.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, K9AN, and IV3NWV

  Process Command Line : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"

Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected.

I have tried changing the UDP port number.

I don’t know if there are any other files you might find helpful.

My register user info is: AJ4QR@...

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Dave Garber

perhaps you had jtalert added to the mix before, and it was the go between needed to log to your old version of HRD

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 8:00 PM Eric Sutherland <sutherea@...> wrote:

[...]

This is a new installation and has never worked. I've used HRD for years, have just had wsjt-x installed for a couple of days and made a few contacts and decided to install JT Alert for the logging connection.

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021, 6:27 AM Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:
[...]

Resolved, primary issue was not using desktop version of .NET (discovered thanks to FAQs). Logging does not seem to be working yet but I am just getting started on that.

Paula K7PAX

After an automatic windows 10 update and reboot, , I received the following similar error - but it did not give any details. This is exactly what it said:

"Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
  UDP Port :
  IP Address :
  Values read from WSJT-X config file...

WSJT-X Detected Instance...
  Process Window Title :
  Process Command Line :
Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected."

I was running JTAlert 2.50.0 and WSJT-X  2.3.1. I decided to update WSJT-X to 2.4.0 and it worked fine after that. I did not change any UDP settings or anything else. I did not even reboot the PC after updating WSJT-X. I am using the standard recommended UDP ports in my settings. Hope this helps. You might want to try downgrading to 2.4.0 and see what happens.

Paula Johnson
K7PAX