locked UDP defect in both 2.50.0 and 2.50.1

Edited

Anyone besides me noticed that is your trying to setup both 2.50.0 and 2.50.1 on a secondary Windows account JTAlert fails to operate? I've tried both UDP server IP of 127.0.0.1 and 239.255.0.0 in WSJT-X. Another thing I noticed is that C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\pluginsX\JTAlertV2.Manager.exe fails to stays running. Seems like this file tries to start and fails repeatedly about every 5 seconds, can see this in Task Manager. I personally have seen this behavior on two different PCs. One being my own and the other a friend's of mine. Things I have tried; Shut off both antivirus software and Windows Firewall. Go back to the main User Account in Windows and everything is fine, JTAlert works without a hitch. Other behavior I've seen JTAlert version 2.16.17 works fine on either Windows Account using either UDP server IP. And before anyone asks only logged into one Windows User at a time here, so there should be no conflicts.

I also have tried a total reinstall & reconfig of JTAlert nothing solves this issue. During the reconfig JTAlert only opens a such. Is this normal behavior?

Next thing I was to know if this normal behavior is this....Under view I see this. Note "Show Log Fields" is grayed out and can enable show confirmed bands. so..... go to settings from here.

Enable "Show Log Fields".

Then go back to view. Now can enable "Show Confirmed Bands" yet "Show Log Fields" still grayed out.

Now isn't the main JTAlert window suppose to look like this?

And finally on the secondary Windows user eventually get this error.

Any thoughts in how to make this work?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/05/2021 1:26 am, Todd (N3PKJ) wrote:
Another thing I noticed is that C:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\pluginsX\JTAlertV2.Manager.exe fails to stays running. Seems like this file tries to start and fails repeatedly about every 5 seconds, can see this in Task Manager.
JTAlertV2.Manager not starting correctly is the cause for your UDP errors. All UDP traffic from WSJT-X to JTAlert comes via the Manager process.

Under view I see this. Note "Show Log Fields" is grayed out and can enable show confirmed bands.
The log fields display menu is grayed is normal behavior for when you don't have a logger enabled in JTAlert. Both your images of the affected Windows account show that you don't have logging enabled. "NO Log" in the main JTAlert title-bar and "Logging Disabled" in the Settings window titlebar.

Now isn't the main JTAlert window suppose to look like this?

Yes, BUT only if you have a log enabled, which is ADIF in this image, unlike your "NO Log" image. There is no point displaying the log fields if logging is disabled and there is no log to interrogate to fill in the Bands  confirmed display

And finally on the secondary Windows user eventually get this error.

This UDP error is due to the Manager process not running.

What do the "*.ERROR" files under the affected Windows account show?
They can be found at %localappdata%\HamApps\debug\

If you can't find the files, use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but I sent the debug files to you about 2 hours ago 2021-05-21 12:08 UTC. Thanks for your reply here

73,
Todd N3PKJ