Topics

locked Two instances of JT Alert

sp5apw

Hi,
I am working two instances of WSJT-X and would also like to have two instances of JT Alert, each one connected to a suitable instance of WSJT-X. Is it possible? If yes, how can it be configured?
I will appreciate your advice.
73
Jacek SP5APW

Michael Black

Should be automatic....just run JTAlert twice after your start your WSJT-X instances.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 03:05:22 PM CST, sp5apw <sp5apw@...> wrote:

Hi,
I am working two instances of WSJT-X and would also like to have two instances of JT Alert, each one connected to a suitable instance of WSJT-X. Is it possible? If yes, how can it be configured?
I will appreciate your advice.
73
Jacek SP5APW

sp5apw

Thanks for the quick answer! However the second JT Alert doesn't connect to WSJT-X:
image.png
Jacek SP5APW

pon., 23 lis 2020 o 22:07 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> napisał(a):

Should be automatic....just run JTAlert twice after your start your WSJT-X instances.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 03:05:22 PM CST, sp5apw <sp5apw@...> wrote:

Hi,
I am working two instances of WSJT-X and would also like to have two instances of JT Alert, each one connected to a suitable instance of WSJT-X. Is it possible? If yes, how can it be configured?
I will appreciate your advice.
73
Jacek SP5APW

Michael Black

Did you change the Report port in the 2nd instance?  Each instance has to have a unique port.

Mike W9MDB
Inline image

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 03:22:54 PM CST, sp5apw <sp5apw@...> wrote:

Thanks for the quick answer! However the second JT Alert doesn't connect to WSJT-X:
image.png
Jacek SP5APW

pon., 23 lis 2020 o 22:07 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> napisał(a):
Should be automatic....just run JTAlert twice after your start your WSJT-X instances.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 03:05:22 PM CST, sp5apw <sp5apw@...> wrote:

Hi,
I am working two instances of WSJT-X and would also like to have two instances of JT Alert, each one connected to a suitable instance of WSJT-X. Is it possible? If yes, how can it be configured?
I will appreciate your advice.
73
Jacek SP5APW

sp5apw

In the beginning I didn't... But finally, when I did it all worked great!
Thank you so much Mike!
73
Jacek SP5APW

pon., 23 lis 2020 o 22:27 Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> napisał(a):

[...]

JoAnn Donaldson

Can JTAlert work without having to connect to a Logger?

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 3:42:14 PM CST, sp5apw <sp5apw@...> wrote:

[...]

You can use just an ADIF file.
Logger is highly recommended though.

Make sure you back up whatever log you use.

Mike W9MDB

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 04:04:51 PM CST, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

[...]

I am using a Python Script to do the logging. I don't care about B4 stuff. All I want to do is have it Alert me of stations that I need.

JoAnn
AB8YZ