True eQSL users

cosimo

Hi all,
I'm frustrated because eQSL AG users signaled in JT Alert, when i check the date of the last access, appear not effectively use eQSL, woudl be possible to signal as AG users only callsigns with recently last date of activity? Many OM permain registered on eQSL but their activity is older most years!

Sorry for bad english

TU&73 de Cosimo IW5ELL

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/04/2021 7:01 pm, cosimo wrote:
I'm frustrated because eQSL AG users signaled in JT Alert, when i check the date of the last access, appear not effectively use eQSL, woudl be possible to signal as AG users only callsigns with recently last date of activity? Many OM permain registered on eQSL but their activity is older most years!

Sorry for bad english

TU&73 de Cosimo IW5ELL

Cosimo,

Sorry, it is not possible. The official AG membership list provided by eQSL does not contain any Dates, just a long list of Callsigns, many of which are not valid Callsigns either. For JTAlert I remove the obvious bad Callsigns, but there is nothing I can do about date filtering.

If eQSL ever provide an official list of AG Callsigns with their date of last upload, similar to LoTW, then I will update JTAlert.

Make it so....

  • NEW! AG Member List Dated is the same as AGMemberList.txt but contains the date of the last ADIF upload or import, separated by a comma from the callsign (about 2.5Meg in size). If no date, the date will be 0000-00-00. Unlike AGMemberList.txt, no SWLs are included in this file.

Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, April 18, 2021, 04:26:49 AM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 18/04/2021 7:01 pm, cosimo wrote:
I'm frustrated because eQSL AG users signaled in JT Alert, when i check the date of the last access, appear not effectively use eQSL, woudl be possible to signal as AG users only callsigns with recently last date of activity? Many OM permain registered on eQSL but their activity is older most years!

Sorry for bad english

TU&73 de Cosimo IW5ELL

Cosimo,

Sorry, it is not possible. The official AG membership list provided by eQSL does not contain any Dates, just a long list of Callsigns, many of which are not valid Callsigns either. For JTAlert I remove the obvious bad Callsigns, but there is nothing I can do about date filtering.

If eQSL ever provide an official list of AG Callsigns with their date of last upload, similar to LoTW, then I will update JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Brian Kassel K7RE

EQSL will not allow me to post QSO's when I operate portable. I have tried to work with those folks, but I have not been able to move them.
I do a LOT of portable work.  At least in LOTW, I can easily set up numerous locations that I have worked from in TQSL.
Their stance that they will not support operations from a portable Location makes no sense to me.

For that reason I have given up posting to EQSL  many years ago.

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/04/2021 11:12 pm, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Make it so....

  • NEW! AG Member List Dated is the same as AGMemberList.txt but contains the date of the last ADIF upload or import, separated by a comma from the callsign (about 2.5Meg in size). If no date, the date will be 0000-00-00. Unlike AGMemberList.txt, no SWLs are included in this file.

Mike W9MDB

Tnx Mike,

I was not aware of the existence of this file.

I'll start using it with the next Callsign Database release. Date filtering of Eqsl callsign flagging in JTAlert will take some work, it will not be in the next release, but is definitely on the todo list.

I note that while SWL callsigns have been removed there still exist some callsigns containing spaces and some very obvious bad callsigns. No biggy as I already remove those type of entries and now I can further sanitize the data by stripping non-uploaders. It does still leave the impression, to me, that the is little to no data input validation at the Eqsl end.

On 19/04/2021 4:46 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
I note that while SWL callsigns have been removed there still exist some callsigns containing spaces and some very obvious bad callsigns. No biggy as I already remove those type of entries and now I can further sanitize the data by stripping non-uploaders. It does still leave the impression, to me, that the is little to no data input validation at the Eqsl end.

Like the saying goes, "Garbage In = Garbage Out".

I just ran my validation code against this new Eqsl AG file and got the following...

While 271 bad callsigns out of 113K is not a significant number, the causes of those bad callsigns is significant, IMO. It shows a lack of data validation on Callsign registration at the Eqsl end. I considered a bad callsign as any that contain characters that are not a number, letter or "/". The list of bad callsigns showed spaces, underscores, hyphens, brackets, etc.

On the plus size, the 26K non-uploaders help reduce the Callsign database.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Frode Igland

The eQSL database is regrettably set up with each account being a unique combination of call sign,  location and time period. For every change of location, including working portable, you will have to register a new account.

I work from 3-4 different locations, some mainland locations and some island (IOTA) locations. I have 152 accounts and counting. It was a job to get started, but once you are up to date it is easy to add a new account. I don't use eQSL for awards or anything like that, but I offer an eQSL AG confirmation to those who do. And sometimes the eQSL might provide some info for the log for stations not found in the online call books (QRZ.com, HamQTH.com, etc.).

I asked the eQSL team many years ago about simplifying the location data in a fashion like LoTW. They then replied that a solution like LoTW was on the to-do-list with a low priority and probably wouldn't happen in years. Now many years have passed, and a repeat question last year indicated that it is still way into the future, if ever...

73, Frode LA6VQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/04/2021 4:58 am, Frode Igland wrote:
[...]

Frode, thanks for the info.

de Laurie VK3AMA