locked Trouble deleting wanted states

Bill W2PKY

Set up wanted states, as they are worked go into settings and uncheck the worked state. Click save and okay. Double check the state is unchecked. Take JTAlert exit.
Restart JTAlert and the state is back “checked”. Am I forgetting a step or is this a bug?
Thanks;
Bill W2PKY

Monty Wilson, NR0A

JTAlert updates needed states through the Rebuild Alert Database. You can select on the Rebuild Alert Database what you consider as needed vs not needed states. The Rebuild Alert Database uses your log file that is used for automatic logging. You will need to make sure your log has your QSL's (or whatever you consider adequate to take credit). Then when you use the rebuild alert database function your state status will be marked for credit. See the help file "Rebuild Alert Database".

Monty, NR0A

-----Original Message-----
From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill W2PKY
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2021 08:37 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] Trouble deleting wanted states

Set up wanted states, as they are worked go into settings and uncheck the worked state. Click save and okay. Double check the state is unchecked. Take JTAlert exit.
Restart JTAlert and the state is back “checked”. Am I forgetting a step or is this a bug?
Thanks;
Bill W2PKY

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 27/09/2021 11:37 am, Bill W2PKY wrote:
Thanks;
Bill W2PKY

Bill,

You're working way too hard.

If you're happy for a State to be marked as no longer needed after working and logging a QSO without regard to QSL status, set the "Auto-Clear triggered Alert entity after logging" checkbox for the Wanted State alert. The State will be automatically removed from the Wanted list when a QSO is logged.

If you have a logger enabled with JTAlert and perform routine Alert Database rebuilds, manually applied unwanted States have a potential for having being 3eset to Wanted if the rebuild is set to require QSL confirmations. You will need to set the "No QSL Confirmation (Any Worked Station)" checkbox for the Wanted State area of the Rebuild section of the Settings.

As for the manually set State settings being reversed, that can happen if you're running the Alert Database Rebuild requiring QSL confirmations and JTAlert does not find any suitable QSOs in your log regardless on the manual settings you may have applied. All Wanted Entities are set based on the contents of your log.

You don't mention running the rebuild, so I am assuming you aren't. In which case, are you running more than one JTAlert instance? If so, than you will need to shutdown JTAlert instance #1 last, with instance #2, #3, etc shutdown before #1. this will ensure that any manual changes you made, which occur via the instance #1 settings, will not be lost.

The simplest and less error-prone solution is to just run the Alert Database Rebuild, assuming you have a logger enabled in JTAlert. Start instance #1 first, run the rebuild, then when complete startup the other instances and DON'T make manual changes to the Wanted entities.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Bill Barrett

Hello Laurie & Monty-

Thanks for taking the time to help me understand the workings of updating the "States Worked" database. I am using Log4OM logging software but was not aware of the need to update that database from LOTW first and then run the JTAlert Database Rebuild. Seems obvious after learning of the workflow. After rebuilding the JTAlert states worked database JTAlert was still reporting too many states needed compared to the LOTW database. Investigation revealed that numerous early "JTXX" contacts did not have the country code, state, and ITU,CQ fields filled in. After updating the necessary contacts and rebuilding the state's worked database in JTAlert, it agreed with LOTW. 

Thanks for this valuable feature. It's like shooting fish in a barrel with a sawed-off shotgun! Was able to work many needed states on several bands in just a few days. 

73; 
Bill W2PKY

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 10:44 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 27/09/2021 11:37 am, Bill W2PKY wrote:
Thanks;
Bill W2PKY

Bill,

You're working way too hard.

If you're happy for a State to be marked as no longer needed after working and logging a QSO without regard to QSL status, set the "Auto-Clear triggered Alert entity after logging" checkbox for the Wanted State alert. The State will be automatically removed from the Wanted list when a QSO is logged.

If you have a logger enabled with JTAlert and perform routine Alert Database rebuilds, manually applied unwanted States have a potential for having being 3eset to Wanted if the rebuild is set to require QSL confirmations. You will need to set the "No QSL Confirmation (Any Worked Station)" checkbox for the Wanted State area of the Rebuild section of the Settings.

As for the manually set State settings being reversed, that can happen if you're running the Alert Database Rebuild requiring QSL confirmations and JTAlert does not find any suitable QSOs in your log regardless on the manual settings you may have applied. All Wanted Entities are set based on the contents of your log.

You don't mention running the rebuild, so I am assuming you aren't. In which case, are you running more than one JTAlert instance? If so, than you will need to shutdown JTAlert instance #1 last, with instance #2, #3, etc shutdown before #1. this will ensure that any manual changes you made, which occur via the instance #1 settings, will not be lost.

The simplest and less error-prone solution is to just run the Alert Database Rebuild, assuming you have a logger enabled in JTAlert. Start instance #1 first, run the rebuild, then when complete startup the other instances and DON'T make manual changes to the Wanted entities.

de Laurie VK3AMA