locked Trojan Detection

Hank

Hello all.  I managed to turn off virus protection and download the latest JTAlert.  Installed and no issues.  This morning Windows 10, Windows security believes it detected Trojan:Win32/Hynamer.A!ml in file: C:\JTAlert\plugins\JTAlertSettings.exe.  I was able to restore the file from quarantine and include it as an exclusion in Windows Security under Virus and Threat Protection Settings, Exclusions, Add or Remove Exclusions.

Is it safe to assume that there is no trojan and this is a false detection?

73!

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/06/2021 10:30 pm, Hank wrote:
Is it safe to assume that there is no trojan and this is a false detection?

In my opinion it is safe. The two false-positive submissions I made to Microsoft, for versions x86 & x64, have both come back as no malware detected.

If you're worried, make your own submission to Microsoft and wait for their results.

Ultimately, the decision to use the software is in the hands of the end-user. If they are uncomfortable with running the software despite assurances from multiple sources the software is safe, then
don't use it, remove it from your system, and move on.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Carl - WC4H

Hi Hank.

For the first time ever, I received the same Trojan:Win32/Hynamer.A!ml alert.

73.
Carl - WC4H

Michael Black

If you force an update on Windows Defender you should find it's been fixed.  Tested with somebody else earlier today.

Mike W9MDB