locked TRANSLATION

F8RZ

Laurie,

in JTlert, the audio alarm says "Appel voulu"  for "wanted call" : it is a word for word translation but a nonsense in this context.

"Indicatif recherché" would be much better.

Best 73

Jean F8RZ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/07/2021 4:22 pm, F8RZ wrote:

in JTlert, the audio alarm says "Appel voulu"  for "wanted call" : it is a word for word translation but a nonsense in this context.

"Indicatif recherché" would be much better.

Best 73

Jean F8RZ

I assume this is the French sound files, is that correct?

I suspect there will be other mispronunciations due to the computer translated English text before they are used to generate the voice files.

Please visit the sound files download page at https://HamApps.com/Sounds/ you will see a section labelled "Improving the non-English files". Download the "French" translation file and have a look at it in Notepad or similar plain text editor. The files are quite small with not many translations. If you can make any necessary changes to the translated text, email the edited file back to me and I will use it to create a new set of French sound files.

de Laurie VK3AMA