Transferring JTAlert to new computer

wkjohn@...

My question is how can you transfer an existing copy of JTAlert to a new computer while maintaining of your settings, preferences, logs, etc.  I searched the group and found a reference to FAQs but I cannot find the FAQ section.  Could someone post the procedure or the link to the procedure.

Thanks in advance!

Michael Black

Inline image

Inline image
Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, May 2, 2021, 02:20:03 PM CDT, wkjohn@... <wkjohn@...> wrote:

My question is how can you transfer an existing copy of JTAlert to a new computer while maintaining of your settings, preferences, logs, etc.  I searched the group and found a reference to FAQs but I cannot find the FAQ section.  Could someone post the procedure or the link to the procedure.

Thanks in advance!

Joe Subich, W4TV

Install fresh on the new computer.

Copy
%AppData%/Local/HamApps/<your callsign>/config/JTAlertX/config.sqlite
from the "old" system to the same path on the new system.

At least that's how I synchronized the new version of JTAlert on my
laptop to the "working" version of JTAlert on my "ham" computer.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-05-02 3:13 PM, wkjohn@suddenlink.net wrote:
My question is how can you transfer an existing copy of JTAlert to a new computer while maintaining of your settings, preferences, logs, etc.  I searched the group and found a reference to FAQs but I cannot find the FAQ section.  Could someone post the procedure or the link to the procedure.
Thanks in advance!

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 3/05/2021 5:13 am, wkjohn@... wrote:
My question is how can you transfer an existing copy of JTAlert to a new computer while maintaining of your settings, preferences, logs, etc.  I searched the group and found a reference to FAQs but I cannot find the FAQ section.  Could someone post the procedure or the link to the procedure.

Thanks in advance!

(OM, name?, callsign?),

If there is no FAQ section in the Help file it will be due to opening the wrong Help. There are two help files now (starting with 2.50.0). Make sure you're not opening the "2.50.0 features" help.

Alternatively, use the dedicated menu entry for the FAQ which will open the correct Help file and navigate to the applicable section.

de Laurie VK3AMA