locked The callsign window is initialized for some reason.

kiyo

Hi Laurie,

The callsign window is initialized for some reason.
The position and size of the main window and the Macros window do not change. Only the callsign window. All the position and size settings will be initialized.
I reset it every time, but I'm sick of it.

I'm not sure what to do. What I did ...
1. Replace libhamlib-4.dll in C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin.
2. Automatically start WSJT-X from JTAlert.
3. Change the rig settings in the WSJT-X settings dialog.
4. Test the operation of Hamlib.
5. Exit JTAlert and exit both WSJT-X and JTAlert.
When I repeat the above, only the callsign window is initialized at startup quite often. I think it's not always, but about once every four times.
I have attached an image of the automatic startup setting. Is this a problem with the automatic startup of WSJT-X?
image.png

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD

kiyo

I forgot to attach the image when it was initialized.

image.png

This is normal time.

image.png

2022年1月20日(木) 14:38 kiyo via groups.io <ja9hwd=gmail.com@groups.io>:

Hi Laurie,

[...]

Dave Garber

would the first saying 'out of shack' have anything to do with it..
looks like it is not communicating with wsjt.  are you using the -x version or -z version of wsjt

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 12:46 AM kiyo <ja9hwd@...> wrote:
[...]

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/01/2022 4:38 pm, kiyo wrote:
The callsign window is initialized for some reason.
The position and size of the main window and the Macros window do not change. Only the callsign window. All the position and size settings will be initialized.
I reset it every time, but I'm sick of it.

The settings for the Callsigns window are contained in a single configuration file that is independent of other JTAlert windows. If the Callsigns window is showing in its default position, size and 3 panel layout indicates that either the configuration file is missing or something is preventing the file from being accessed during the Callsigns window startup.

The Callsigns window configuration file, for JTAlert instance #1, will be found at
    %LocalAppData$\HamApps\JTAlert\<YOUR_CALLSIGN>\Config\Callsigns_1.config

JTAlert will never delete that file, only create it if it is missing or modify the existing file as options are changed and set.

My only suggestion is that you ensure your PC protection software is not blocking access to the file or quarantining it. If you run any sort of automated PC maintenance software, check that it is not mis-configured and removing the file.

de Laurie VK3AMA

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/01/2022 6:29 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io wrote:
The Callsigns window configuration file, for JTAlert instance #1, will be found at
    %LocalAppData$\HamApps\JTAlert\<YOUR_CALLSIGN>\Config\Callsigns_1.config

Typo correction: Change the "$" to a "%". The correct path is
    %LocalAppData%\HamApps\JTAlert\<YOUR_CALLSIGN>\Config\Callsigns_1.config

de Laurie VK3AMA

kiyo

Hello Laurie,

I understand the cause of this phenomenon. I tried to make the property of "Callsigns_1.config" read-only and confirmed that it is always displayed in the initial state when JTAlert is started.

The "Alert [# 1] Read Setting Data Standby" dialog is displayed until the WSJT-X startup process becomes long due to CPU load, port control load, file access load, etc., and the main window of JTAlert is displayed. I think it has something to do with what I'm doing.

If possible, I would like the check monitoring time of the "Callsigns_1.config" file to be a little longer in the next version.
Or, I think that there is no problem if you can specify the "Wait" seconds as well as the "Delay" seconds on the "Auto-Start" setting screen of the application startup attached at the beginning.

Anyway, I understand the cause of the initial display. thank you.

--
73, Kiyo JA9HWD