locked SUPPORT OF RUSSIAN DISTRICT TRACKING #Beta

Laurie,

Hello. Hope you are well.

I have been attempting to get LoTW onboard with supporting RDA districts as part of Russian LoTW certificates which is technical easy to do, but man are they resistant. I just don't understand enough to understand/appreciate why. LOL

RA3R runs the RDA program and RDA contest and Aadu ES1TU is the database manager.
There are many RDA enthusiasts who would like a TOOL to be able to alert to needed RDAs.
The fundamental challenge "up front' is that until LoTW addresses it on there end, the JTALERT tracking process would be based on each Ham updating his/her logs manually so JTALERT can properly account for them. It is Easier than let's say tracking USA Counties because it is 100% all LETTER / NUMBER driven with no spelling syntax issues...

God knows you have a lot on your plate and I do admire your passion.

Is this a realistic expectation request to post for our JTALERT Email reflector or not ???

Thank you in advnace!

Jose
N4BAA

Ex: KG4SB, YI9BAA, VP5BAX, 9K2/N4BAA

Dave AA6YQ

I have been attempting to get LoTW onboard with supporting RDA districts as part of Russian LoTW certificates which is technical easy to do, but man are they resistant. I just don't understand enough to understand/appreciate why.

+ In early 2018, the ARRL re-assigned all developers working on LoTW to other projects (not one of which has since borne fruit); as a result the only progress being made on LoTW is what Rick K1MU is able to accomplish in TQSL.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 2/08/2021 9:45 am, Jose wrote:
RA3R runs the RDA program and RDA contest and Aadu ES1TU is the database manager.
There are many RDA enthusiasts who would like a TOOL to be able to alert to needed RDAs.
The fundamental challenge "up front' is that until LoTW addresses it on there end, the JTALERT tracking process would be based on each Ham updating his/her logs manually so JTALERT can properly account for them. It is Easier than let's say tracking USA Counties because it is 100% all LETTER / NUMBER driven with no spelling syntax issues...

God knows you have a lot on your plate and I do admire your passion.

Is this a realistic expectation request to post for our JTALERT Email reflector or not ???

Thank you in advnace!

Jose
N4BAA

I replied to your previous message regarding this. See https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/36449

Unless there is a published list of Callsigns and their current RDA then it wont be possible to have RDA Alerting in JTAlert. Performing online lookups on individual callsigns, which is the only method at this time, is not suitable.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Thanks you and understood.
This list of Russian Calls AND their associated RDA numbers/locations is 100% available AND well maintained by ES1TU.
I will ask he reach out to you.

Thank you,
Jose
N4BAA

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 8:24 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 2/08/2021 9:45 am, Jose wrote:
[...]

I fully understand Dave. I just don't get it. Resources are about money....I guess, I get it..
But what is the cost.
I know folks willing to help with this (since it is outside my skillset)....
Just need to know who to contact and some details.
They will even fund it to make it easier...

THanks
Jose
N4BAA

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I fully understand Dave. I just don't get it. Resources are about money....I guess, I get it..
But what is the cost.
I know folks willing to help with this (since it is outside my skillset)....
Just need to know who to contact and some details.
They will even fund it to make it easier...

+ The root cause is that ARRL Board and Leadership are clueless about managing software development projects. I served as a volunteer on the ARRL-LoTW Committee from late 2012 to early 2018, and saw it firsthand. If you want to continue this discussion, let's take it to

https://groups.arrl.org/g/ARRL-LoTW

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 2/08/2021 10:28 am, Jose wrote:
This list of Russian Calls AND their associated RDA numbers/locations is 100% available AND well maintained by ES1TU.
I will ask he reach out to you.

Thank you,
Jose
N4BAA

If there is a link to a Callsign+RDA list please let me know and I will download and investigate its suitability.

de Laurie VK3AMA