locked Suggestion for the TXT messages

John C

Several times now, the TXT messager has sent a message I have been typing to the wrong person...   Can we please get this fixed.......  what happens is this.........

While I am working people, I start to type a message to a previous contact.   Part way through typing I work another call and the messages facility changes the "to" callsign to that of the latest station I am working and I end up sending the message to the wrong person.

Is there a way that you ciould please "lock" the callsign in that I am typing to so as to prevent this happening ???

regards

John

Michael Black

Would seem reasonable while that window is the active window that it wouldn't change.

Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, May 27, 2021, 11:32:11 PM CDT, John C <vk7xx.radio@...> wrote:

Several times now, the TXT messager has sent a message I have been typing to the wrong person...   Can we please get this fixed.......  what happens is this.........

While I am working people, I start to type a message to a previous contact.   Part way through typing I work another call and the messages facility changes the "to" callsign to that of the latest station I am working and I end up sending the message to the wrong person.

Is there a way that you ciould please "lock" the callsign in that I am typing to so as to prevent this happening ???

regards

John

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 28/05/2021 2:32 pm, John C wrote:

Several times now, the TXT messager has sent a message I have been typing to the wrong person...   Can we please get this fixed.......  what happens is this.........

While I am working people, I start to type a message to a previous contact.   Part way through typing I work another call and the messages facility changes the "to" callsign to that of the latest station I am working and I end up sending the message to the wrong person.

Is there a way that you ciould please "lock" the callsign in that I am typing to so as to prevent this happening ???

regards

John
That's already available. Upgrade your JTAlert version.

From the 2.50.1 release notes...
  Changed:

    - Messaging window: WSJT-X DX Call changes now no longer auto populate the
       Callsign field if a message is already being composed. That is if the
       message field contains text, the DX Call change is ignored.
de Laurie VK3AMA

Laurie, VK3AMA

Also, The Messaging window has an option to not follow the DXCall changes.
If you want to leave that activated, then simply having any text in the message compose area will stop any DXCall changes being actioned.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John C

Laurie, I am already using 2.50.1 but I cant find this setting...     would you mind pointing this dumb one where to look please...

John

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 28/05/2021 3:50 pm, John C wrote:

I am already using 2.50.1 but I cant find this setting...     would you mind pointing this dumb one where to look please...

Make the Messaging window active and hit the F2 key.

de Laurie VK3AMA

John C

thanks Laurie, appreciate that :-)   I was looking in the wrong area.

Stay safe up there mate...

73

John