locked Steps to rebuild worked B4?

Ed Terry <jeterry3@...>

New to the group but a user for a long time of JTAlert with no issues till now.
Wonderful windows corrupted my system files when they thought my email account needed updating, which led me to installing Win10 all over again.
My back up files did not work, thanks to well lets leave it at that.
So this is my process so far. Using Ltow contact records, made a new .adi file for WSJT-x.
Installed JTAlert (2.50.7) I did remember to save all my dowloads to another drive, but forgot about the hidden account files in "Local"

So now all works again but I searched for how to rebuild my Contact B4 and haven't found any since the way I log is from WSJT-x to HRD logbook to Lotw.
Any ideas?
TNX
73's W8QG

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 7/12/2021 1:40 am, Ed Terry wrote:
New to the group but a user for a long time of JTAlert with no issues till now.
Wonderful windows corrupted my system files when they thought my email account needed updating, which led me to installing Win10 all over again.
My back up files did not work, thanks to well lets leave it at that.
So this is my process so far. Using Ltow contact records, made a new .adi file for WSJT-x.
Installed JTAlert (2.50.7) I did remember to save all my dowloads to another drive, but forgot about the hidden account files in "Local"

So now all works again but I searched for how to rebuild my Contact B4 and haven't found any since the way I log is from WSJT-x to HRD logbook to Lotw.
Any ideas?
TNX
73's W8QG

If you have one of the supported loggers enabled in JTAlert there is nothing you need to do as all B4 checks are done automatically against the enabled log.

If you don't have a logger enabled, "NO Log" shown in the JTAlert titlebar text, you will need to pre-populate the JTAlert B4 database by performing an import from an adif file of your past contacts. See the "Logging -> Log B4 Database" section of the Settings window.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed Terry <jeterry3@...>

Ok did this, and used the rebuilt WSJT-X .adi file to import.
Only it will flag a call I just make, but if a station I worked in the past calls CQ on the same band, it does not show B4.
I checked my logbook to make sure it was on the same band a month ago.
Other thoughts, that I may have missed?

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 11:39 AM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
[...]

 George Bernard Shaw - "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 8/12/2021 9:30 am, Ed Terry wrote:
Ok did this, and used the rebuilt WSJT-X .adi file to import.
Only it will flag a call I just make, but if a station I worked in the past calls CQ on the same band, it does not show B4.
I checked my logbook to make sure it was on the same band a month ago.
Other thoughts, that I may have missed?

Without seeing the adif file you used to populate the JTAlert B4 database I can only speculate. My guess is that the previously worked Callsign did not have a grid recorded in the adif file then when that same Callsign appeared calling CQ with a grid, JTAlert sees that as a new grid for this callsign and doesn't flag as a B4. The B4 checks consider current Band, Mode and Gridsquare. If you don't care about the grid being used for the B4 alerting then you can enable the "Ignore Gridsquare ..." options. See the Settings window "Alerts -> Worked B4" section.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Ed Terry <jeterry3@...>

Excellent, thanks for the update! Working now.