locked Start problem Subscript used on non-accessible variable

Frank IZ7AUH

Hi Guys,
need help today I have this problem

I try to reinstall JTAlert, try to delete users directory on AppData but not work :-(

Any solutions?

Best 73 IZ7AUH

Frank IZ7AUH

No opportunity to resolve?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/03/2021 1:30 am, Frank IZ7AUH wrote:
Hi Guys,
need help today I have this problem

I try to reinstall JTAlert, try to delete users directory on AppData but not work :-(

Any solutions?

Best 73 IZ7AUH

This is a new type of error. I don't recall ever seeing this specific error reported.
The line number referenced is within the block of code that gets a list of running processes on the PC in order to find the wsjt-x processes and assign the JTAlert instance to the appropriate wsjtx instance (based on how long the wsjtx process has been running). This code has not changed for many years now, so I am reasonably confident the error is not caused by a coding error. Deleting files in the users appdata directory will have no effect as this block of code doesn't access any files.

My best guess is that your PC protection software is interfering. You may need to take steps to mark JTAlert and its files/directories as safe.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Frank IZ7AUH

thank you for your answer, I apologize for the delay in my reply, this error does not appear often, I wish I could solve it and I am aware that it is not a JTALERT error I am looking for a solution and I update you on this, thanks, I hope one day  you can also support MSHV other nice software

IZ7AUH

On 16/03/2021 8:57 am, Frank IZ7AUH wrote:

thank you for your answer, I apologize for the delay in my reply, this error does not appear often, I wish I could solve it and I am aware that it is not a JTALERT error I am looking for a solution and I update you on this, thanks, I hope one day  you can also support MSHV other nice software

IZ7AUH

Frank,

Sorry, I can't provide a solution for you. You could try an older version of JTAlert and see if it fixes the issue.

As for MSHV support by JTAlert. That is very unlikely. MSHV has broken the UDP protocol and doesn't report Band or DXCall changes, so there is no way for JTAlert to know who your in QSO with and on what Band. This critical defect has been reported to the MSHV people by myself and others several times, but they appear to be not interested in fixing this critical defect.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Frank IZ7AUH

Hi, I tried, but not work, this is a rondom error, I try to unistall antivirus too, disable WIndows defender but not work :-( I am frustrated about this I love JTAlert and I need to use it.... any tips for me?

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/03/2021 7:02 pm, Frank IZ7AUH wrote:
this is a rondom error

Since this is a random error, when you have JTAlert running for at least 3 minutes, use the "Help" -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jim Atkins