locked Small Dot

William Osborne

Hate to sound stupid, but I need help understanding what the small dot in upper right hand corner of some calls means.  I found the definition for the triangle in the left hand corner but nothing on the dot  in right?

Thanks Bill---K5ZQ

Richard Williams

If you are talking about JTAlertt, it means you can send text messages to him within JTAlert.  Like, you are transmitting on the wrong time slot.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 8:12, William Osborne
<wosborne44@...> wrote:
Hate to sound stupid, but I need help understanding what the small dot in upper right hand corner of some calls means.  I found the definition for the triangle in the left hand corner but nothing on the dot  in right?

Thanks Bill---K5ZQ

Richard Williams

Actually,  I think it is a small square,  but when you get old ( like me), it might look like a dot!  HO HI

<wosborne44@...> wrote:
Hate to sound stupid, but I need help understanding what the small dot in upper right hand corner of some calls means.  I found the definition for the triangle in the left hand corner but nothing on the dot  in right?

Thanks Bill---K5ZQ

Jonathan

What did you find out about the two triangles in opposite corners? I've been searching off and on in the docs & web for a year! I learned of the small square and underline on this forum.
Jonathan WD6BNY

Larry Banks

Hi Jonathan,

From the release notes:
Callsign QSL Indicators: Striped QSL indicators have been removed.
       Only flag style indicators are used. The position of the indicators is
       now fixed, Lotw in the top-left corner and Eqsl in the bottom-right corner
       of the Callsign display. This change is for both the main JTAlert window
       and the Decodes window.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

What did you find out about the two triangles in opposite corners? I've been searching off and on in the docs & web for a year! I learned of the small square and underline on this forum.
Jonathan WD6BNY

Michael Black

Inline image

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, April 10, 2021, 07:05:58 AM CDT, Jonathan <wd6bny@...> wrote:

What did you find out about the two triangles in opposite corners? I've been searching off and on in the docs & web for a year! I learned of the small square and underline on this forum.
Jonathan WD6BNY

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/04/2021 10:14 pm, Larry Banks via groups.io wrote:
From the release notes:
Callsign QSL Indicators: Striped QSL indicators have been removed.
       Only flag style indicators are used. The position of the indicators is
       now fixed, Lotw in the top-left corner and Eqsl in the bottom-right corner
       of the Callsign display. This change is for both the main JTAlert window
       and the Decodes window.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

FYI, the positions are changing with the new release (2.50.0). From the new release notes...
    - QSL flags: The Lotw and Eqsl flag positions on the Callsigns display
       and Decodes window are no longer changeable. They are fixed in location.
        Lotw -> bottom left of the Callsign.
        Eqsl -> bottom right of the Callsign.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Jonathan

Thank you! Thank you! My search is over! I'm sure I saw this but glossed right over it.
Jonathan WD6BNY