locked Single Click Reply Not Working


Stephen Mitchell
 

Greetings all - if this has been covered already I apologize.

I've been using WSJT-X/JT-Alert for years without any issues that I couldn't eventually figure out on my own.  However, today something happened that has left me perplexed.  Last night I was working FT8 on 40 and 80 without any problems.  When I decided to shut down for the night I closed the applications and shut everything down.  I came in this morning and proceeded to 17M.  I saw a station I decided to work so I clicked on his call.  My call to him sent just fine and I received my signal report from him without any issues.  But when WSJT-X went to send his signal report the tones started coming out of my computer speakers instead of going to the radio...and I hadn't made any changes.  I rebooted the PC and manged to get everything running in time to complete the contact before he gave up.  I was able to send his signal report just fine...but when WSJT-X went to send 73...the same thing happened again - tones were coming out of the computer speakers instead of going into the radio.  I worked on the problem for quite a while and couldn't find anything wrong.  I ended up uninstalling WSJT-X, downloading the latest version, and then installing it.  It took some trial and error but I finally got it "talk" to the radio for CAT and PTT control and I eventually got the sound settings working.  I saw that JT-Alert had an update so I installed that as well.  Everything is now working again EXCEPT Single Click replies.  I've checked the settings in both WSJT-X and JT-Alert but can't find anything that stands out to me as to why this isn't working any longer.  Any suggestions?

de K7CB


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/11/2021 5:08 am, Stephen Mitchell via groups.io wrote:
Greetings all - if this has been covered already I apologize.

I've been using WSJT-X/JT-Alert for years without any issues that I couldn't eventually figure out on my own.  However, today something happened that has left me perplexed.  Last night I was working FT8 on 40 and 80 without any problems.  When I decided to shut down for the night I closed the applications and shut everything down.  I came in this morning and proceeded to 17M.  I saw a station I decided to work so I clicked on his call.  My call to him sent just fine and I received my signal report from him without any issues.  But when WSJT-X went to send his signal report the tones started coming out of my computer speakers instead of going to the radio...and I hadn't made any changes.  I rebooted the PC and manged to get everything running in time to complete the contact before he gave up.  I was able to send his signal report just fine...but when WSJT-X went to send 73...the same thing happened again - tones were coming out of the computer speakers instead of going into the radio.  I worked on the problem for quite a while and couldn't find anything wrong.  I ended up uninstalling WSJT-X, downloading the latest version, and then installing it.  It took some trial and error but I finally got it "talk" to the radio for CAT and PTT control and I eventually got the sound settings working.  I saw that JT-Alert had an update so I installed that as well.  Everything is now working again EXCEPT Single Click replies.  I've checked the settings in both WSJT-X and JT-Alert but can't find anything that stands out to me as to why this isn't working any longer.  Any suggestions?

de K7CB
_._,_._,_



Likely the "Accept UDP requests" setting is not set in WSJTX under the "UDP Server" section of the "Reporting" tab of the WSJTX Settings. The default for WSJTX is for that setting to be disabled and you're uninstalls and upgrades of WSJTX have resulted in your previous setting being lost.

   

de Laurie VK3AMA
.


Stephen Mitchell
 

You sir - are the MAN!  That did it.  Thank you so much for that.  So far I really like the changes I see with the latest version of JT-Alert.


Ken Alexander <ve3hls@...>
 

So you CAN click on a station in JT-Alert and WSJT will call the station?  I thought that must be the case but I haven't even found it listed as a feature!  I was considering uninstalling it, but it has found me a few new states for WAS in the last few days.

Is it just a matter of clicking that UDP box in WSJT or is there more to it?

73,

Ken Alexander 
VE3HLS


On Sun, Nov 7, 2021, 01:25 HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 7/11/2021 5:08 am, Stephen Mitchell via groups.io wrote:
Greetings all - if this has been covered already I apologize.

I've been using WSJT-X/JT-Alert for years without any issues that I couldn't eventually figure out on my own.  However, today something happened that has left me perplexed.  Last night I was working FT8 on 40 and 80 without any problems.  When I decided to shut down for the night I closed the applications and shut everything down.  I came in this morning and proceeded to 17M.  I saw a station I decided to work so I clicked on his call.  My call to him sent just fine and I received my signal report from him without any issues.  But when WSJT-X went to send his signal report the tones started coming out of my computer speakers instead of going to the radio...and I hadn't made any changes.  I rebooted the PC and manged to get everything running in time to complete the contact before he gave up.  I was able to send his signal report just fine...but when WSJT-X went to send 73...the same thing happened again - tones were coming out of the computer speakers instead of going into the radio.  I worked on the problem for quite a while and couldn't find anything wrong.  I ended up uninstalling WSJT-X, downloading the latest version, and then installing it.  It took some trial and error but I finally got it "talk" to the radio for CAT and PTT control and I eventually got the sound settings working.  I saw that JT-Alert had an update so I installed that as well.  Everything is now working again EXCEPT Single Click replies.  I've checked the settings in both WSJT-X and JT-Alert but can't find anything that stands out to me as to why this isn't working any longer.  Any suggestions?

de K7CB


HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
 

On 7/11/2021 10:54 am, Ken Alexander wrote:
So you CAN click on a station in JT-Alert and WSJT will call the station?  I thought that must be the case but I haven't even found it listed as a feature!  I was considering uninstalling it, but it has found me a few new states for WAS in the last few days.

Is it just a matter of clicking that UDP box in WSJT or is there more to it?

73,

Ken Alexander 
VE3HLS

The callsign click integration has been part of JTAlert for many years. The earliest reference I could find to JTAlert Callsign click support was in version 2.6.13 (18-AUG-2015).

Nothing special is need to support JTAlert -> WSJTX/JTDX callsign click events except to have the "Accept UDP request" enabled in WSJTX/JTDX which defaults to being turned off. JTAlert by default has click events enabled, so in most cases only the WSJTX/JTDX end needs to be set.

Callsign clicks events are supported by both the JTAlert Callsigns and Decodes windows.

de Laurie VK3AMA